US$330
US$247
Hilton.com
US$76
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

US$309
US$95
CandlewoodSuites
  • Pool
Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites(Hartford)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$93
US$199
US$174
US$299
US$270
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We were headed for the Super 8 motel nearby when my wife saw the sign for America's Best Value Inn for $45.99 - supposedly $5 cheaper than the Super 8.

Check-in went OK, but as soon as we got to the room it was downhill from there. From my blog posting here http://lisaandroger.com/2010/06/hartford-ct-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ I wrote:

America’s Best Value Inn at Hartford, CT had to be the WORST motel we’ve ever stayed in. The reviews on the page linked here (I linked to this page on TripAdvisor) do it justice I think – in fact we did perhaps get the best room they had from the sounds of the other reviews – I agree with one – it should be shut down!!!

Room #130 – the toilet was leaking all over the floor – not overflowing from the top of the bowl, but leaking from the back under the tank somewhere. I called Reception to ask for a new room. Eventually “my repairman” – and elderly man who looked for all the world like Martin Short’s Ed Grimley except that the hair was more back than up comes along with a plunger, probably thinking “stupid guests – they overflowed it”. Eventually he figured out what I was telling him that it was NOT overflowing, but was actually leaking somewhere. There was a not so pleasant smell here too – kind of like the non-smoking room had been smoked in, then a whole spray bomb of some ghastly thing to try and hide the cigarette smell let go in there.

Room #136 – this room was barely big enough for the bed in it, and there was no table or anything else on which to use a computer. Same smell as Room #130, but at least the toilet didn’t leak.

Room #128 – a duplicate of Room #130, so a nice table, the toilet didn’t leak, but it did smell.

Outside the place looked like it must operate as Party Central. There were dozen, perhaps hundreds, of beer bottle caps all over the parts of the lawn we looked at, matched by about an equal number of cigarette butts- what a mess!!!

Above our room was a sign that said

No Trespassing – Police Take Notice

Now I don’t know if this was a suggestion that even the Police weren’t to trespass, or if it meant that Police would take notice of Trespassers.

We left in the morning and will NEVER return!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RogerKIWI
abvihartfrod, Manager at Travel Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

We apologize for any negative experiences you had with our maintenance and housekeeping in rooms 128, 130, and 136. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Regards,
KP Patel-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Hartford, CT

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Don't stay here!!!! I am young, and very easy going, and this place needs to be shut down!!!! I messaged into the health dept to let them know....

I made a reservation for Americas Best Inn in Hartford, CT for Saturday May 29th 2010. At the check in desk, there read a sign that said "10 Minutes after check in, no refund" That should have been the first sign that there was going to be problems. It took at least 10 minutes to go from check in, to car to get luggage, and then make it to the room, and back to front desk. The room was unlike anything that I have ever seen. There were stains on the floor. It was either blood, Kool-aid, or red wine. Still moist to the touch. The bathroom was covered in mold, and the nastiest that I have ever seen. There was a lamp shade with a hole in it, and the other one was dented like it has been punched. I frequently stay at hotels and pulled the top cover off the bed and the blanket underneath had chips stuck in in. I pulled back the unfitted sheet from the bed and there were multiple hairs from the girl who slept here before me, so the sheets obviously weren't changed. felt sick to my stomach. I don't think that its legal to charge someone to stay in these conditions. I chose not to stay there and left. $159.00 down the drain. Something has to be done to shut this place down. The room was something else. I still cant get over that they charge people to stay, and that people choose to stay.

There is nothing good to stay about this place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachbum1004
Reviewed 12 April 2010

After spending a night here anything else will feel like a luxury. Dirty, smells bad, scary neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank fat_astrid
Reviewed 30 January 2010

My husband and I stayed in this hotel late at night coming back from the Mohegan Sun. We were tiered and just wanted to sleep so we stayed. The room was nasty, the walls were falling apart, there were bugs crawling around and there was even some womans stocking left by the side of the bed. During the whole night there were people yelling inappropriate things and banging/ slamming of the doors. The next day I noticed my body was really ichy and there were marks all over my neck face and my wrists. I ended up going to the doctors and found out I caught a virus. I felt so disgusting. I would NOT recommend staying at this hotel not even if you are desperate. Never know what you might get!!!!!!! I am also going to contact the corporate office and informing them of the terrible conditions of this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank slim6071
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed 5 July 2006

So, we book the room for 4 adults, and no one bothered to ask us how many vehicles we had, or to inform us of their "one car per room" policy. So, we arrived with two vehicles and were told we could have only one parking pass. When I asked what they suggested we do with the second vehicle, the only response I got was that I could not leave it in the parking lot overnight or it would be towed. The General Manager was unhelpful, the 1-800 customer service line was useless, as they have no ability to influence anything the hotel manager does. I even got a number for a district manager (a Mr. Rose) who never even bothered to return my call. Finally, we were forced to move to another hotel.

The staff are very unfriendly. What troubled me most was their attitude - they must have encountered this problem before, and yet they acted as if I was being unreasonable thinking I could park both of our vehicles in their lot while guests of the motel. Their policies were not even mentioned when we called to make the reservation.

• Stayed: July 2006