“Special Occasion went bad!!!”
Review of The Woodland

The Woodland
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Lakeville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was going to wait and give the "manager" a chance to make things right, but after a angry phone call from her I decided not to wait. I read a lot of reviews about the hostess. We live forty minutes away and have enjoyed our meals there in the past. Last night the hostess at first could not find our reservation, then somewhat rudely she finally figured it out. After a great meal, with excellent service from our waiter. We are handed our bill. The hostess picked up our cards. Later I looked at our statement and there was a difference in what we were charged and what our bill stated. Today I called and asked for the "manager" to explain this to me. I was told she wasn't on the premises. I left a message with said hostess. The manager called me back within a minute, it's a very noisy restaurant type of noise. Right off the bat the "manager" was confrontational, combative, not giving me a chance to talk. She never said she would do her best to make it right. Believe me I would not have gone to this effort for this amount of money if I would have been treated differently. The way she treated me made me very angry. If she is in that position she needs to look for a different line of work. We are not happy about this at all. We would like to continue going there. The food is really good but the manager and the hostess need some customer relations training. I don't like to get ripped off even for a small amount of money. We will not be going back there. This was a big occasion for us and we are both disappointed.....

Reviewed 3 February 2018

The Woodland blends a comfortable setting, well above average food and down home hospitality that makes you want to go back again and again. The food consistently impresses as you can feel comfortable ordering all over this menu as I have yet to find a weakness coming out of this kitchen. Mix it with a really nice group of employees who make you feel welcome overtime you come through the door. On a side note, reservations are very difficult because I am not the only one who shares this opinion of The Woodland - plan accordingly or plan to sit at the bar which isn't bad either.

1  Thank nymw
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Discovered this restaurant on a rainy day when I wanted to take a friend for a special birthday lunch. Despite the dreariness of the weather, the place was cozy and inviting, filled with plants and interesting decor. The food is good but not spectacular.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Very good sushi and food in general. Nice ambience and the location is good. The service is not bad, but the staff is a bit snobby.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My husbands daughters favorite restaurant and we wanted to do something special for her so we took her to dinner here. Difficult to get reservations so we took a 5 o'clock time which was really too early for dinner but we thought we would have appetizer and drinks and a leisurely dinner. The wine was too warm, the food was unremarkable. We had the hanger steak which was ok but not the upscale dinner I expected and it was loaded with string french fries. For the price I thought the whole venue was overrated. We have had some really expensive dinners but this one did not live up to its reputation. The atmosphere is outstanding however so maybe that is what all the hype is about. we probably won't go back even though we could as we live nearby.

1  Thank Wakerobinspring12