US$72
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
Winvian(Morris)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnew englandthemed roomsomelet stationroom pricequaint townpublic areasbuffet breakfastlong weekendnext morningwonderful stayour room was spaciouswafflesconnecticuttavernbrunchfurnishingsmohawk
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Check in was fast and the person was courteous. I was provided a lovely package of warm cookies upon my arrival and told about the available coffee/tea as well. I stayed in a room with a double queen and it was large and clean. The wifi worked well and set up was easy and effortless. The "gym" was lacking however. The treadmills, while working were in poor repair and made noises. I didn't try the elliptical or bike. The water container was empty. and it would appear that not many people use this workout area. The buffet breakfast, which is not included with the room price was okay and convenient. It is noted that the material provided in the room quoted 10.00 pp but when I asked at the desk I was told 13.00. When I noted the published price I was told that what I would be charged. I found the staff generally helpful and friendly. Checkout was easy.

Stayed: April 2017
Kathleen G, Manager at The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thanks for the review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry to hear that the equipment in the gym was not up to par with the quality we look to provide at the Inn, therefore we are currently in the process of either replacing or repairing the equipment. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

This was me and my boyfriend's first time staying at an inn and I have to say, what a wonderful experience! We stayed in the Contessa room. With it's light and dainty color scheme, we felt right at home. Not only was the room inviting, it was clean and cozy. Overall, I loved the ambiance and historical feel of the inn. The staff was courteous and welcoming. If you just want to relax, and get away from it all, this is the place. We can't wait to plan our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nori222
Reviewed 9 May 2017

My wife likes to take a bath in the evenings. The stopper in the bathtub would not work. Ok we can live with that. Next morning for showers. NO HOT WATER. Let the water run for about 10 minutes and never got warm. Went to desk to complain. Only person standing at desk as two ladies tried to figure out how to sign on computer completely ignoring me. After several minutes one acknowledged me. Told her my problem. Her only response was to write it down on a piece of paper. No I'm sorry or anything Customer service is a lost art. After 10 days on road this is worst stay we have had.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Larry H
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Stayed here for a weekend and had a nice weekend down to earth. Low key area with a beautiful inn. Not too fancy but it had great amenities. I enjoyed the service and the food. The rooms were nice and had no problems. I would recommend to anyone who's looking to go anywhere around the area to stay here.

Stayed: April 2017
Kathleen G, Manager at The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Thanks for the review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the Litchfield Inn. Spent the evening at the Tavern off the Green listening to a local soloist - Vinnie Avalone. Great show and great food. the room was nice - very quiet (but it was off season). The people are the front desk were awesome - both the evening and morning people. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Negotiate your rate. Ask - you never know
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We love Vinnie, he does a great job! Hope to see you in the future.