“Outstanding tea class and tea selection”
Review of Savvy Tea Gourmet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Savvy Tea Gourmet
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Madison
Reviewed 5 March 2018

My husband and I attended a tea tasting class at Savvy Tea Gourmet. We tasted 12 different teas and the own Phil educated on us the various health benefits and differences between types of tea. We did not realize there was so much to learn about tea and I have never been so excited to start drinking tea! Phil educates you on the different colors of the tea, the brewing process, and how to best prepare tea. We highly recommend this store for a great selection of unique teas but also try to go to one of Phil's classes. He is very knowledgeable and very friendly.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Came here to enjoy some tea with a friend. I was here prior to her arrival. I ordered Madagascar Black with Almond Milk. My friend was unsure of what to get so I offered a sample of mine. The worker stated that they don't allow samples, they don't have spoons, or small cups so I couldn't offer her a taste of mine. I've Never heard of this. We were very put off by her rude behavior toward my request.
Definitely will look for a friendlier Location next time we meet up. Done.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I treated my sis & 3 friends today to a Savvy Holiday afternoon tea. Six interesting cups of teas are poured while you savor a variety of goodies. A 3-tier tray is loaded with tea sandwiches, lemon and pecan bars, French macaroons, mini cupcakes, & Lindt truffles. As if that wasn't enough, you also get quiche and a very delicious orange cranberry scone. The owners are very friendly and are great tea educators. An afternoon tea is a wonderful way to sample what Savvy Tea has to offer.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Phil is one of only about five tea mentors in the country, and passionately shares his knowledge with every guest that enters this hidden gem of a shop. He gladly spent hours tasting through teas with us and changed the way we look at what we thought was a familiar drink. You can also just stop in for a quick refill on leaves to brew at home, choosing from a selection that rivals the depth of an award-winning wine list. If you're looking for a prepared beverage, their matcha smoothie is not to be missed!

1  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Phil and Judy are the owners and are extremely knowledgeable about their teas, whether it be for pure drinking enjoyment or for medicinal purposes. Phil has travelled the tea fields of Asia and brings back a unique variety of green, white, black and oolong teas to choose from. It's an education chatting with him about the teas and I highly recommend visiting the store and trying the teas. They also have smoothies, the delicious Match Green Tea smoothie being their best seller. You may also order teas while you are there and drink them at the bar or in the back room. In addition there are tea tastings weekly where you get to sample and learn about so many teas from various parts of the world.