Two Trees Inn(Mashantucket)
Grand Pequot Tower(Mashantucket)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$189
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$233/night.

US$128
GardenInn.com
Bellissimo Grande Hotel(North Stonington)
US$129
Hilltop Inn & Suites(North Stonington)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$109
Residence Inn Mystic Groton(Mystic)(Great Value!)
US$199
Residence Inn
Cedar Park Inn And Suites(North Stonington)
US$99
US$85
All reviewswindow seatadditional sinkbay windowother hotelstwo sinksoldest hotelpoker roombus tripcasino actionfestival buffetfourth floorjacuzzi tubadjoining roomsvalet servicenice roompequot towerparking garage
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I had booked at a nearby Microtel and also the Two Tress Inn while formulating my Foxwood's itinerary for two reasons - I assumed being onsite at Foxwood's would be out of my budget, and b) I had not been able to find adequate information about the onsite hotels. At the last minute and thanks to encouragement from a TA contributor, I decided that with teenage girls in tow it would be better to cancel the alternate bookings and take a chance at the Great Cedar.

I still found the telephone reservationist robotic and not forthcoming with general information - I guess they are used to high rollers who are repeat visitors - but again, thanks to TA, I was well informed and able to negotiate the best rate. I verified the hidden costs: $100 per room incidental deposit; $10 resort fee and of course Tax. But they didn't seemed bothered that I wanted that pinned down.

If you're looking for atmosphere, just the driveway approach is spectacular. You feel like you have arrived in Hollywood for the Oscars.

We were somewhat confused upon arrival and ended up with valet parking. We later found out there is optional self-parking but it's a very good walk away and we didn't see the signs.

When we checked in, I asked how much Wifi and valet parking would cost and it turns out they are "complimentary and covered by the 'resort fee.' So big plus there - thanks Great Cedar.

My girls were so impressed they immediately too photos in the lobby and even in the lobby ladies room because it was so grand.

We had adjoining Queen rooms and they were fabulous. My husband and I had a King bed which came with a really cute bay window with couch. The girls had 2 Queen beds, and although their's had not bay window, it was roomy. The rooms were extremely well appointed with refrigerators and double sinks - great feature for the girls. Huge flat screen and very clean throughout.

The only downside was that no ice or soda machines were working on any of the floors. BTW, sodas are $3.50 so bring your own.

Because it is first a casino, i would not recommend minors travel anywhere at all unescorted. There are no dark hallways but the people wandering between floors are either lost, drunk or very depressed (gamblers)...no fault of the hotel there.

Access to the other hotels (Piquot Tower and MGM Grand) was not clear to me, but we were pleased to find that in addition to a shuttle van, there are indoor walkways to everything. the Great cedar has a beautiful pool area with a jacuzzi, but there is also a private jacuzzi + sauna and steam inside both the ladies locker are and the men's (great for a girls getaway).

The food selection is huge. The walkways connecting the three hotels are lined with restaurants, cafes, bars, bakeries, sweet shops...there's an incredible selection of food options. The high end restaurants have outstanding decor with all cuisines available.

There is room service of course, but your missing the action if you don't check out the restaurant rows.

I want toe impress that while we were booked in the Great Cedar, you feel as though you are part of one big party. I hear the pool at the MGM is quite something, but trust me the Great Cedar pool is nice enough.

The front desk indulged me with my many questions. Everyone was courteous and my cash deposit was returned at checkout without any hesitation.

If you have money to burn there is tons of entertainment (even a bowling alley), but if you are on a budget you can make that work too and noone gives you pressure to buy extras.

I really can't wait to go back -it was a great stay and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: You may wish to have a room near the elevator - the hallways are very long.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Londonjack
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Great Cedar Hotel twice when we have visited the casinos. The Great Cedar hotel features spacious rooms, a friendly, cooperative staff and access to the casinos, restaurants and attractions. Our room featured an excellent view. The rooms are clean and the bathroom facilities are excellent. Check in at the lobby was fast, and the desk staff was pleasant and accomodating. A variety of restaurants are located within a five minutes walk from the room. We enjoyed our stay, and recommend the Great Cedar if you want quick access to the casinos and restaurants in addition to a friendly, accomodating hotel staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hcaveman
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stay at Foxwoods fairly often but this was our first time at Great Cedar. We usually stay at Grand Pequot or MGM. Of the three, Great Cedar is our least favorite. That's not to say that it is bad, at all, we just prefer the other two. As for Great Cedar, the lobby leaves something to be desired, especially if there is an exhibit such as The Princess Diana one going on right now, because the lobby is small to begin with. With the line running right through it, getting to the elevators with your bags can be annoying, but not that big of a deal. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small and a little dingy. If you want east access to Foxwoods and the other on site hotels are booked, the this is a good option.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank JLAA
Reviewed 31 December 2011

This was my first stay at the Great Cedar which is hard to rate since my last stay at Foxwoods was at the MGM. They are 2 very different hotels, the Great Cedar is like a Quality Inn as compared to the MGM which is more like a Hilton. The room was clean and had all the amenities needed for a stay over. The check in was quick, the elevators were conveinient to both the Lobby and the casino. The bed linens seemed a bit stiff maybe from too much starch.The room has a small fridge which was handy as well as a coffee maker and safe which are all things I like to have in a hotel room. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The luck at the casino did not pan out the way I had hoped but I suppose that is why they call it gambling. If given the choice I would definitly opt for the MGM again over the Great Cedar.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Belinda C
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I just get back from a mid-week getaway bus trip sponsored by Hazel Brandon (Nov 9-11) where I stayed at the above hotel. This was my first time @ the Great Cedar Hotel and I must say, I was impressed.The place itself, is HUGE! and WELL KEPT!

The Rooms extremely clean. My room was with a window-seat view on the 6th floor out looking the backside of the hotels fall foliage.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and professional. One of the employees went out of his way to show me were dunkin donuts was:)

The hotel has an array of casinos and people were winning! I won a nice amout on the penny slots! Friday there was a Veterans Day Parade, which was fun!

The Sidewalk Cafe offers enormous sandwiches (I had the roast beef there and Turkey to go! both were off the chain!) The Festival Buffet was good. Shuttle service is also available.

I would recommend the Great Cedar hotel-Casino to anyone who want take a ride to Connecticut and enjoy a wonderful getaway! ~ I sure did!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends