US$839
US$749
US$167
GardenInn.com
Bellissimo Grande Hotel(North Stonington)
US$129
Hilltop Inn & Suites(North Stonington)
US$145
US$109
Travelocity
Cedar Park Inn And Suites(North Stonington)
US$99
US$141
US$102
Quality Inn(Mystic)
US$170
Two Trees Inn(Mashantucket)
TripAdvisor
Grand Pequot Tower(Mashantucket)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewswindow seatadditional sinkbay windowother hotelstwo sinksoldest hotelpoker roombus tripcasino actionfestival buffetfourth floorjacuzzi tubadjoining roomsvalet servicenice roomstayed two nightsparking garage
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

My friend i stayed here May 2nd and 3rd to celebrate my birthday. We stayed in a double room which was free for both nights, thanks to my wonderful mother. The room was huge. Bathroom was nice. The beds were so very comfortable. There is a fridge in the room, no microwave.

The only thing that could have been better was the water pressure in the shower. Also the hallways are a bit narrow.

The hotel is positioned in the middle of the casino and restaurants which is perfect. While we didn't try the room service, we heard from other guests that is amazing. If you miss breakfast The Veranda Cafe has an amazing breakfast buffet until 12 during the week. I believe its up longer on the weekend. But you can order breakfast all day. I recommend French toast with fresh berries.

If you're needing to purchase anything you may have left at home and don't want to pay an arm and a leg. There is a Walmart and Target about 15 min away.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My friends and I went to Foxwoods to celebrate my birthday, we booked a room at the Great Cedar hotel. The facilities at the room were great, the room was really clean and modern, the shower pressure was just perfect. The access to the casinos and restaurants was easy. The staff was friendly. I would recommend Great Cedar as a good stay in Foxwoods.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The rooms at this hotel were more than what I expected. The room was clean and spacious, and had a great view of the nearby hotels lit up at night. My only complaint is that there weren't enough towels, but we were only there for one night so it was not a big deal at all.

We ordered a cot and it arrived at our room in a timely manner, despite the sheer size of the hotel. A definite plus.

There is not much else to say, it's a great place to stay while you gamble your money away :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I had booked at a nearby Microtel and also the Two Tress Inn while formulating my Foxwood's itinerary for two reasons - I assumed being onsite at Foxwood's would be out of my budget, and b) I had not been able to find adequate information about the onsite hotels. At the last minute and thanks to encouragement from a TA contributor, I decided that with teenage girls in tow it would be better to cancel the alternate bookings and take a chance at the Great Cedar.

I still found the telephone reservationist robotic and not forthcoming with general information - I guess they are used to high rollers who are repeat visitors - but again, thanks to TA, I was well informed and able to negotiate the best rate. I verified the hidden costs: $100 per room incidental deposit; $10 resort fee and of course Tax. But they didn't seemed bothered that I wanted that pinned down.

If you're looking for atmosphere, just the driveway approach is spectacular. You feel like you have arrived in Hollywood for the Oscars.

We were somewhat confused upon arrival and ended up with valet parking. We later found out there is optional self-parking but it's a very good walk away and we didn't see the signs.

When we checked in, I asked how much Wifi and valet parking would cost and it turns out they are "complimentary and covered by the 'resort fee.' So big plus there - thanks Great Cedar.

My girls were so impressed they immediately too photos in the lobby and even in the lobby ladies room because it was so grand.

We had adjoining Queen rooms and they were fabulous. My husband and I had a King bed which came with a really cute bay window with couch. The girls had 2 Queen beds, and although their's had not bay window, it was roomy. The rooms were extremely well appointed with refrigerators and double sinks - great feature for the girls. Huge flat screen and very clean throughout.

The only downside was that no ice or soda machines were working on any of the floors. BTW, sodas are $3.50 so bring your own.

Because it is first a casino, i would not recommend minors travel anywhere at all unescorted. There are no dark hallways but the people wandering between floors are either lost, drunk or very depressed (gamblers)...no fault of the hotel there.

Access to the other hotels (Piquot Tower and MGM Grand) was not clear to me, but we were pleased to find that in addition to a shuttle van, there are indoor walkways to everything. the Great cedar has a beautiful pool area with a jacuzzi, but there is also a private jacuzzi + sauna and steam inside both the ladies locker are and the men's (great for a girls getaway).

The food selection is huge. The walkways connecting the three hotels are lined with restaurants, cafes, bars, bakeries, sweet shops...there's an incredible selection of food options. The high end restaurants have outstanding decor with all cuisines available.

There is room service of course, but your missing the action if you don't check out the restaurant rows.

I want toe impress that while we were booked in the Great Cedar, you feel as though you are part of one big party. I hear the pool at the MGM is quite something, but trust me the Great Cedar pool is nice enough.

The front desk indulged me with my many questions. Everyone was courteous and my cash deposit was returned at checkout without any hesitation.

If you have money to burn there is tons of entertainment (even a bowling alley), but if you are on a budget you can make that work too and noone gives you pressure to buy extras.

I really can't wait to go back -it was a great stay and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: You may wish to have a room near the elevator - the hallways are very long.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Londonjack
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Great Cedar Hotel twice when we have visited the casinos. The Great Cedar hotel features spacious rooms, a friendly, cooperative staff and access to the casinos, restaurants and attractions. Our room featured an excellent view. The rooms are clean and the bathroom facilities are excellent. Check in at the lobby was fast, and the desk staff was pleasant and accomodating. A variety of restaurants are located within a five minutes walk from the room. We enjoyed our stay, and recommend the Great Cedar if you want quick access to the casinos and restaurants in addition to a friendly, accomodating hotel staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple