All reviews window seat additional sink bay window other hotels poker room bus trip festival buffet jacuzzi tub adjoining rooms nice room pequot tower stayed two nights parking garage veranda cafe nice stay food court casino hotel
Reviewed 24 September 2012

At first the hotel was perfect, convenient for the shows we wanted to see in the MGM theatre and easy in and out with the parking garage located close by. When we were getting ready to head out for the night we could hear a lot of screaming and yelling coming through the doors that connected our room with the one next door. I have been in many rooms with these doors and have never experienced anything so loud, we could actually make out conversations when we were awoken around 3am when the group came back.

Also didn't feel the bedding was all that great, very starchy for some reason. Saw many stains on the chaise lounge chair which caused me to avoid going near it. Overall it's a very over priced place to stay if you'll be at Foxwoods for a Saturday night. Probably easier to stay at one of the near by hotels which offer shuttle service.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank bobmarlea
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here this past weekend, great quick checkin. Room was nice and clean, house keeping staff should be applauded. Check out was a breeze also, even though I waited till the last minute to check out.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank gab40
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times already and am going again on an overnight trip monday. I thught the room was immaculate. My room was right next to the elevator. I loved this hotel. i usually don't sleep that well when I'm not in my own bed. The bed was extrmemly comfortable. The linens were clean. zthere was extra towels so you could take as many showers as you wanted to. The staff was polite snd friendly. I would stay here again and again. I loved it.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We spent one night (Wednesday) while on vacation in August. The hotel may have been renovated, but we certainly didn't see it. The room was a good size and had a nice window seat, but the view of the parking lot and the delivery dock was less than desireable. The room seemed a little tired; the carpeting was buckling in spots and the bathroom floor had a huge crack and hole behind the toilet. The bathroom was cramped, although it was nice to have an additional sink, separate from the tub/toilet area. The hallway was also very tired looking and smelled of old cigarette smoke. Yes, husband smokes and we always stay in a smoking room, but as many times as we've stayed to Mohegan Sun, the rooms and the hallway never smell like Foxwoods did. Checkout was a little disorganized; most places we stay at have either a receipt slid under your door or you checkout on their TV. Here we had to go to the front desk to checkout, which was a long wait since there were people checking in at the same time. Just average, not what you'd expect from the World's Largest Casino.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We have stayed at the Great Cedar Hotel and have always found it to be very clean and comfortable. The rooms are beautiful and the staff is top-notch. The showers have wonderful water pressure, the towels are thick and thirsty, and the rooms are very quiet. The pool is very nice and guests may use the pools at the other two Foxwoods resorts during their stay as well. One of our favorite things about the Great Cedar is the couch area which juts out from the wall and is surrounded by windows. This not only brings a lot of light into the room (of course, there are room-darkening drapes to block out the lights during the evening), but it is a neat place to sit and watch all of the comings and goings at Foxwoods.

My husband enjoys using the fitness room, which he tells me has very nice equipment. We all enjoy the restaurants at the hotel, especially the Veranda, and we like walking around, looking in the shops, and listening to the entertainment.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the woods or the parking lot, depending on whether you like to people-watch or enjoy nature.
Date of stay: August 2012