All reviews silver city spg points hotel staff indoor pool beds were very comfortable king bed exercise room scrambled eggs luis seminar
Reviewed 7 February 2016

Super clean rooms with the comfiest beds. SO comfy, I wanted to buy the comforter and pillows! Staff is very friendly and attentive to the needs of their guests. I highly recommend the chicken wings and the skirted burger when visiting the sports bar, best in the city.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

We frequently have dinner at the Silver City Bar & Grill. Dinner is always good, wait staff is very pleasant & attentive to our needs. The restaurant is always clean. We will definitely return.

We also attended a celebration in one of the banquet rooms. It was decorated very nicely, the food that was served was very delicious. We had a great time!!

I find the lobby to be very inviting, and the staff friendly. I've stay at the Four Points often. The rooms are bright, clean & nicely decorated. I would stay here again & recommend to family & friends.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2016

I got two connecting rooms as family was traveling with me. The room was super clean. We enjoyed a nice dinner at the Silver City Sports Bar & Grill which is attached. They offer a great breakfast buffet in same restuarant. We also took advantage of the indoor pool area. Overall the hotel does a great job making you feel welcome. Front desk associates Tracy and Kimberly take care of anything you may need. I recommend you try this hotel if in the area!!!

Room Tip: I always stay on the top floor for the better views. If you are looking for a quieter room ask to be away from elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2016

The following is the list I typed up to describe the worst hotel stay of my life. I read this list to Corporate customer care and they advised me to email it to them. Customer care was very nice, as always :)

1. Tuesday check-in (Four Points Meriden, CT): No TV channel guide, no big deal. When I called the front desk I was notified that they didn’t have any.

2. Wednesday: The Omelet breakfast order I hung on the door arrived on time the next morning… with no toast, butter, jam or iced water. Just an omelet and potatos.

3. I left for work, leaving my jeans on the bed on one side and the ironing board on the other with the iron on the bedside table. Returned to find them all in the same place, but the bed had been “made”. At least that’s what it had been made to look like.

4. The maid did not replenish my breakfast request card, so I called the front desk and requested another card for the next morning. They sent up a breakfast menu. Called again and explained what a breakfast request card was.

5. Went down to the bar for dinner. Upon entering I noticed 2 men and a woman at the bar that were so drunk they literally couldn’t stand up. They were yelling to a waitress behind the bar, one of them yelled “You’ve got a tiny waist and a huge @55. You must have the best p%55y!” They took turns helping each other walk outside for cigarette breaks. When I asked the bar manager what was going on he explained that they were guests of the hotel at least 180 days out of the year and that they were important to this hotel’s business. The bar manager works very hard and clearly does a great job. Unfortunately, his response was not only unacceptable, but serving guests in that condition is against the law.

6. Thursday: My breakfast arrived on time, and with toast! But no butter and no jam. Just… dry toast.

7. I decided to leave a little trap for the maid. I left the ironing board under the comforter this time. Guess where it is now? Same place. And yes, the bed was made today.

8. No bath mat in the bathroom and, you guessed it, no breakfast request card.

9. I typed this list up to number 8 and asked for the manager on duty. The front desk girl said that the GM was in the hospital for the next week. I asked for the acting manager on duty. She said the front desk manager left 10 minutes ago. I asked for whoever was in charge on site at this time. She retrieved a woman named Cathy who is apparently head of HR at this hotel.

10. Cathy read the letter and said “I’m so sorry sir. I’ll pass this along to the management.” I replied “That’s it? You’ll pass it along? You’re not even going to attempt to fix the things that are wrong right now? Like the bath mat and dirty sheets?” She replied “I’m sorry sir. I don’t work in housekeeping. I’ll notify housekeeping.”

11. I told Cathy who was very polite, but let’s face it, not number one in customer service that I’d like to check out immediately and be issued a refund for today’s stay. She explained that there was nobody on duty today that had that authority to provide refunds. Now I’m trapped in the world’s worst hotel. It’s like an episode of Twilight Zone. Yikes!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
5  Thank Michael F
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Dear Michael F,
We sincerely apologize for your poor recent experience as what you encountered is certainly not the norm at our hotel. We take pride in delivering the best experience for all of our guests, and we are deeply concerned about your disappointments. Our General Manager, Yvonne de Angeli, would like the opportunity to personally amend your experience and invites you to contact her directly at yvonnedeangeli@fourpointsmeriden.com to further discuss your stay. Again, we are very sorry to disappoint, and we hope to have the opportunity to better impress you of our hotel and services should you give us another try in the future. All the best

Reviewed 18 January 2016

It is certainly not a fancy hotel. From the poor lobby staff to the cold restaurant atmosphere, the place will not stay high in my trip memories in Connecticut.
Breakfast is so so, lot of noise in the lobby area and old elevator and room furniture.
Rooms are large though.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Laurent P

Dear LaurentDeSingapore,
We truly regret to hear that we failed to meet expectations during your recent stay with us. It’s always our goal to deliver exceptional experiences to our guests, and we apologize for missing the mark this time. Please rest assured that your comments have been addressed and properly handled with our team to ensure experience is top notch for future guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to prove that this is not the norm at our hotel. All the best