“Great Family Visit!”

and up
Mystic Aquarium General Admission Ticket
Ranked #7 of 37 things to do in Mystic
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey into the aquatic world at this combination tourist attraction and research facility, where every underwater creature is more amazing than the last. Exhibits put you in close proximity to whales, penguins, sea lions and a 30,000-gallon tank, where exotic fish from around the world strut their stuff.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My husband and I visited the aquarium on the recommendation of a friend, and it was fantastic! We started with the main exhibit indoors, where we saw many different types of creatures. From jellyfish and clown fish, to crabs and sea turtles and sharks, we saw many different varieties of sea life.

We were also able to "pet" stingrays and baby leopard sharks, which was a neat experience. Outdoors, we saw beluga whales, seals and sea lions, and African penguins. We topped off our visit with the sea lion show, which was also great. The Beluga Whales were my absolute favorite, as they were trying to interact with the people behind the glass as much as they could...super adorable!

I was impressed both by how knowledgeable the staff members were and how clean the facilities are. The tickets might seem a bit pricey, but I also learned of all the conservation efforts and re-release programs that some of the money helps to fund.

Ethical, fun, educational...just what I look for in any animal attraction!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,315)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"admission price"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018

It is a great place to visit. The beluga whales are beyond wonderful. The exhibits are so well done and maintained, and the seal show is cute. I love that they help save marine creatures in distress.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Aquarium was just okay. A lot of exhibits where not open . For the price it cost for a family of 4 it’s not that great.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We've been coming to the Mystic Aquarium since my oldest was a Toddler so well over 25 years and we have always had a great time.
If this had been my first trip here I might have given 3 or 4 stars but knowing how wonderful it used to be I can only give 2 and that's being generous!!
Ticket prices are pretty expensive for what you now get as some tanks inside are closed and We didn't see any large sharks and only saw 1 Beluga.
We arrived when it opened and when we tried to enter the main building we were told to go see the frogs because they were cleaning the main building.
But in reality there were many people already inside that had attended a Penguin and Pancake Breakfast and we needed to wait until they left and the area could be
made ready for the general population of visitors
Even with the earlier diversion and spending extra $ to see the 4D experience it took us a little over an hour to see both the indoor and outdoor exhibits.