“Good stuff”

Mango's Wood-Fired Pizza Co.
Ranked #24 of 107 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Description: Old World, Wood-Fired Pizzas, Salads, Sandwiches & a huge selection of the finest craft beers!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place was very good. Stopped in after the aquarium for a bite and it hit the spot. Had wings, pizza , salads. Brews , wine. Lots of good thing on the menu. pizza was wood fired and definitely delicious. Spacious enough for a group. No complaints. Definitely stop by if your hungry. It will satisfy!!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for pizza after a morning at the aquarium with the kids. Pizza was very good and, our server Beth, provided excellent service!! Pizza was more of a thin crust which we prefer. Definitely recommend!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I took my family here after being totally disgusted with Christos, across the street in Mystic. I found this place and the pizza was very good. Actually had great sauce and cheese. I was so happy that I went here after trying this other place. I would highly recommend people go here if they was pizza near the Mystic Village.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Was hoping for a more authentic New York- style pizza and we are going to have to keep searching. The crust is OK, the sauce is better than average but they are using shredded store-bought mozzarella rather than fresh for their margherita pizza which is a rookie mistake.

It's not terrible pizza, but it's not great. The search continues

Date of visit: March 2018
Stefan A, Owner at Mango's Wood-Fired Pizza Co., responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi, I just wanted to correct something ... we do not use typical low moisture store bought mozzarella, our mozzarella is a fresh mozzarella that is specially dried for high temp ovens like ours. Produced by a small local cheese maker in Connecticut. Not sure where you got that our cheese was typical mozzarella that you find on low grade pies, but you are incorrect.

If you were expecting typical wet, fresh mozzarella - that is different and I understand that, but it is NOT what you said it was.

Anyways - everyone has different taste buds / likes, that is cool.
Just want to be clear what you are actually getting.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stopped here for lunch after visiting Mystic Aquarium. My daughter ordered a ham and cheese sandwich, and she was satisfied with her meal. My husband, son and I shared a pepperoni pizza and a Buff Chick pizza. The large pizzas were a bit smaller than large pizzas than we have had in other places. The pepperoni slices were small and less spicy than pepperoni on other pizzas. The Buff Chick was spicy, but the cheese flavor was less than expected. The pizzas were pretty greasy too. Our service was fine, but not great. The soda was probably the best part, with unusual and tasty flavors like cream soda and birch beer.