“Nice place for great tasting coffee”
Review of Bartleby's Cafe

Bartleby's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Mystic
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: Soups
Description: Freshly brewed estate coffees and full espresso bar. We have 30 different kinds of tea, sandwiches and wraps and desserts.
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Their lattes taste really well: both decaf and the ordinary one. I liked the way they were prepared as it looked that it was done with lots of care. And the cups were filled to the max :)
I'd say that the interior is à la Mystic. It looked a bit old and worn but well kept and maintained in the same time.

If you're in Mystic and want to have a cup of good coffee I'd suggest that you visit the place.

The only drawback: table by the window with comfy chairs that we chose was unstable and we spilled our great tasting coffee because of it. If it wasn't for that I'd have given 5 stars to the cafe.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We've taken to stopping here for coffee on one of our many strolls into town. The place isn't bad but it could benefit from a good cleaning. It could be a bit more inviting but at the end of the day, the coffee is decent. It could be a Mystic gem if they tried a little harder.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

I love the chowder and chai latte tea. Fun to sit and read the Times. The owner and staff are friendly and accommodating. Inexpensive.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch to get a quick sandwich, not too much to choose from and the staff just expected you to know the options that come on the chicken sandwich, and seemed annoyed when you asked what the options were. I'm not sure if he was new but definitely did not seem happy to be working and did not seem to be paying attention, we were lucky he got our order correct. The coffee was good and the food was ok. Would not be my first choice to go back to for food, not very flavorful and just basic options. My suggestion would be to skip the food and just get to the drinks.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

We wanted a quick sandwich and a coffee so went and ordered. When we sat down we looked around and saw how dirty it was bit late to cancel as order was paid for... you couldn't see out of the window for the coffee splashes inside and the dirt outside. The table was dirty on the sides from dried food spillage and the chairs were covered from thick dust except from the top that you sat on.
We were the only ones in there although there were a couple of people who came infer a takeaway coffee
This could be such a quirky and lovely place to visit if they would only pay attention to detail.

Been to Bartleby's Cafe? Share your experiences!