“Hidden gem I'mn a Mystic marina”
Review of Red 36

Red 36
Ranked #15 of 104 Restaurants in Mystic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2018

brought grandkids (two and four) here for lunch...busy lunch crowd in a very pleasant setting looking out on Mystic River...Indoor and outdoor seating. waitress very attentive to toddlers as well as us. Clam chowder was superb....Hot lobster roll delicious....Cheeseburger of generous proportion and cooked exactly as requested
Will return!!

Reviewed 13 July 2018

We were with a party of 6 here for lunch. Our waitress was friendly and pleasant. We ordered the fish and chips, swordfish sandwich, salmon burger and chowder. Everything was fresh and delicious. There is outdoor seating, however it was so busy that we were unable to get a table outside. The indoor seating has open sides, so we could still enjoy the breeze as well as sights and sounds of the outdoors. We will definitely return if in the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were doing a road trip down US 1. We stopped for lunch in Mystic. The atmosphere was nice, the setting was lovely, but $9 is a bit much for a cup of clam chowder. It was good and the clams were tender, however, it was a little over the top for my budget.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

The only reason my review is a four instead of a five is because upon arrival to the restaurant, while we did sit immediately, the waitress informed us they were out of a lot of items that were on the menu. While the communication was great and we knew what was not available, it was still a disappointment to find out that what we had showed up for was no longer there.

Besides this, we enjoyed some littlenecks, and fried oysters, and I enjoyed the scallops main dish. Delicious and filling. I would definitely be back, and only hope that next time I will be able to order from the whole menu.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We stopped here for lunch because of the many previous good reviews, and we were glad we did. We were seated inside by choice but the open sides made it feel almost like being outside. We had the fish and chips, I know, boring.There were ample fries and just enough fish to satisfy. The presentation was good, our waiter, John, was excellent, the only negative point was that the fish could have had a little more flavoring in the batter.

Been to Red 36? Share your experiences!