“Wonderful Staff”
Review of Hyatt Place Mystic

Hyatt Place Mystic
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The staff is amazing: From Stefanie who checked us in, to Andrea and Daric who were so friendly and gracious, made sure I had my starbucks every day, to Glenda who made sure I had ginger ale when I was ill, to Anthony who cooked amazing breakfasts each morning, better than at an expensive restaurant, (and it is included in the room rate) and did it with a smile, to Carey who is a personable maintenance worker. He handed me a brand new remote when all I asked for were batteries for the old one. The general manager Mike drove us in the shuttle and was very pleasant. I am sure there are others I am not mentioning who I didn't see on a daily basis. Since I was up very early every morning, I could see how they related to one another when no one was around and they seemed to all be friends, which is important in good customer service.

The room was very clean (which is saying a lot because I am a critic of cleanliness)and spacious and housekeeping did a wonderful job cleaning around our crazy schedule. My only recommendations as far as the layout of the hotel is that ice be more accessible on each floor. However I did notice that Anthony at the bar was quick to give out a big bag of ice to someone so she didn't have to go to the second floor. The bathroom is extremely small. I could hardly close the door when I was in there. The sink is on the outside so that is good but they really need to work on more space in the bathroom, especially for families who need to help their children and can't fit.

My kids loved the pool and it is very clean. Also, the staff was quick to give recommendations on where to eat or where to go with the kids.

Overall, I think good customer service is hard to come by in this day and age and I have never been one to review a hotel on TripAdvisor because they would have been terrible .... until now. I highly recommend the Hyatt Mystic for your next stay. You won't be disappointed.

Forgot to mention free coffee around the clock and free fruit and popcorn in the bar/coffee area.

Room Tip: Room 133 is right next to the pool entrance so if your kids swim it is convenient.
1  Thank Sandra T

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We were persuaded to stay in Mystic by contributors to the Trip Advisor forum and the town didn't disappoint. We stayed at this friendly modern hotel which is about a mile from the harbour and village centre but close to other restaurants. The room was spacious and clean, the free breakfast was excellent and the hotel operates a free courtesy bus to and from the downtown area and were. more than happy to take my son to and from a local gym. The local Sea Port is well worth a visit too.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Very nice staff but the hotel is a bit tired. Room was plenty big for the five of us. Good stopping point on the way north. The area of Mystic is beautiful and the hotel is in close proximity to the downtown.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Michael A, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hello!

Thank you for your comments and we truly appreciate your staying with us while in the Mystic area!

Please come see us again soon!

Michael A

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Recently stayed @ this hotel in July for a week's vacation. Loved the outdoor pool. Hotel has free breakfast & selection was very good, especially liked the change in menu each morning. Daric @ the front desk was wonderful checking us in. Due to problem w/my bank & credit card-we had a slight glitz in getting checked in but he was absolutely great & patient until my bank could solve the problem. The only slight downside was the bar area is a bit smaller than we usually like but was good because it was open until 1:00 a.m. No other bar is open that late in the area. Really liked the layout of the rooms.

Stayed: July 2017