“Our Go-To Place in Mystic”
Review of Hyatt Place Mystic

Hyatt Place Mystic
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This was not our first visit and certainly not our last.
Our grandson visited us and had a great time in the pool and at the snack display. Breakfast was the usual Hyatt breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, various toasts and fruit and coffee. Not the greatest but good enough to sustain you for the morning.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. All comments and requests were met with a smile.
The room was as expected. All Hyatt Places everywhere are the same, so you get a bit of familarity staying here. No surprisses and thankful for that.
Definately will return.

Room Tip: Don't worry about getting a good room. They are all alike.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in August with our family of four (myself, my husband, our 4 and 1 year olds). It was located very close to Mystic Village, Seaport and Aquarium. Can easily walk to old mystic village, Dunkin' Donuts and a few other places. There was ample parking. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean upon arriving. That being said, we frequent Hyatt Places and it just didn't seem as up to par as many others. Seating for breakfast was extremely limited. One night I ordered nachos for an appetizer and waited an hour and a half before canceling the order. Not sure if they forgot or what. The pool area also did not have the option to have drink/food service like most Hyatt Places do. Also very disappointed that breakfast has changed and the egg sandwiches are no longer available, but that might be a company wide policy. The staff and location make this hotel. We would return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Michael A, General Manager at Hyatt Place Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hello Jill!

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad to see that your guest room was clean and inviting upon arrival, and that you were treated so well by our amazing staff!

In regards to your Food & Beverage experience, I am so sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. As of April 2017 Hyatt Place has rolled out its new premium complimentary breakfast menu throughout all hotels in North America. I hope that while the breakfast sandwiches are no longer a part of the complimentary AM menu, you found plenty of other items to choose from our daily hot item selections and Greek Yogurt Bar. I must admit that I am a little confused in regards to poolside food and drink service as Hyatt Place hotels do not offer this amenity as part of our core brand standards. However we are always looking for ways to improve upon our service and I will forward your comments to the Hyatt Place Brand Team for consideration.

Thanks for staying with us, and we hope to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We had a nice weekend stay in Mystic. The hotel is conveniently located just off the highway and is a nice 25/30-min walk to "downtown." They offer a decent breakfast and there is ample seating to accommodate many guests during the morning rush. The room is a semi-suite and has a kitchenette and living area. The pool is heated and there are plenty of towels for guests. The front desk personnel were friendly and very helpful upon our arrival and departure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to review Hyatt Place Mystic! We appreciate the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay!

Best,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Nice people but not too much room, especially for traveling family's and we stayed in the biggest room! The wort part was the TV wouldn't work unless it was at a certain angle and everything was dusty, even the tv had marks all over the screen.

The nice people at the front desk gave a warm welcome, but soon I was disappointed, the room was quite small and the fridge was even smaller! The bathroom was hardly walkable and there was no elbow room, the AC smelled funny and we had to call down to bring more towels up because they only left 3 for the 3 days we were here, not to mention there were 3 of us! Not even washcloths were their to begin with. The couch was stained and all the phones and lamps were dusty, the wood trim was ripped up and not replaced. We left for hours and we returned to a uncleaned room, then we had to rush out again so the lady could come in.

We returned not long after and stuff still wasn't dusted and the lady seemed impatient, at least she added more coffee and tea but they looked like they were just tossed there as the bottom of them were crumpled.

Stayed: August 2017

Greetings!

First, thank you for taking the time for sharing your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that we continue to improve our services here in Mystic. I am sorry to hear that you stay was anything less than exceptional,and I truly wish that we had been able to resolve any issues for you while you were still at the property. I am quite disappointed to hear about the condition of your guest room. Cleanliness and maintenance are amongst our top priorities and a point of pride for us at our property. Please know that I have shared your comments in this regard with our housekeeping team who have assured me that they will take the necessary corrective action immediately to eliminate such issues from reoccurring. Additionally, I am saddened to hear that you found our oversized guest rooms to be on the small side. At 400-500 sq ft, our rooms tend to be amongst the largest and most spacious in the industry, each equipped with a full size L-shaped sofa/seating area, wet bar, and mini fridge.

I do apologize again for any inconvenience we may have caused during your visit, and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you on a future trip to the area.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The staff is amazing: From Stefanie who checked us in, to Andrea and Daric who were so friendly and gracious, made sure I had my starbucks every day, to Glenda who made sure I had ginger ale when I was ill, to Anthony who cooked amazing breakfasts each morning, better than at an expensive restaurant, (and it is included in the room rate) and did it with a smile, to Carey who is a personable maintenance worker. He handed me a brand new remote when all I asked for were batteries for the old one. The general manager Mike drove us in the shuttle and was very pleasant. I am sure there are others I am not mentioning who I didn't see on a daily basis. Since I was up very early every morning, I could see how they related to one another when no one was around and they seemed to all be friends, which is important in good customer service.

The room was very clean (which is saying a lot because I am a critic of cleanliness)and spacious and housekeeping did a wonderful job cleaning around our crazy schedule. My only recommendations as far as the layout of the hotel is that ice be more accessible on each floor. However I did notice that Anthony at the bar was quick to give out a big bag of ice to someone so she didn't have to go to the second floor. The bathroom is extremely small. I could hardly close the door when I was in there. The sink is on the outside so that is good but they really need to work on more space in the bathroom, especially for families who need to help their children and can't fit.

My kids loved the pool and it is very clean. Also, the staff was quick to give recommendations on where to eat or where to go with the kids.

Overall, I think good customer service is hard to come by in this day and age and I have never been one to review a hotel on TripAdvisor because they would have been terrible .... until now. I highly recommend the Hyatt Mystic for your next stay. You won't be disappointed.

Forgot to mention free coffee around the clock and free fruit and popcorn in the bar/coffee area.

Room Tip: Room 133 is right next to the pool entrance so if your kids swim it is convenient.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family