“As Good as Any in the United States”
Review of Seoul BBQ & Sushi

Seoul BBQ & Sushi
Ranked #9 of 150 Restaurants in New Britain
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Don't be fooled by the nondescript exterior and location in a lower end strip mall. This is a fantastic find with authentic Korean food. The Kalbi and bulgogi are marinated for a minimum of 24 hours, and the meat is incredibly tender. It is primarily a Korean BBQ with the traditional table barbecue. Unlike many restaurants, the waitstaff was very attentive to the table cooking. They sever more side dishes than I have had at any other Korean restaurant (and I have eaten Korean food around the world). The service was first rate, and waiter and waitresses all work together as a team. Even this is good for vegetarians as they will serve Dolsut Bi-Bam-Bap with tofu and no meat. They separated out the side dishes for the vegetarians in our group. Private rooms are available for business meetings and large groups. Highly recommended.

Location: Take 9 South from 84 1 exit. Make a left, and it is 1 block down.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here last week and had Korean bbq boneless chicken with 6 sides and it was delicious. Appetizers were very good and all food was freshly prepared. Service was friendly and prompt. Great restaurant!

1  Thank votfinoski
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Was traveling on business and came here to pick up dinner. When I ordered I was told it would be 15 minutes. After more than half hour, I asked again and was told it would be another 10 minutes. No apology- was just told that it was whatever order the orders came in. People who came in after me are sitting at a table already eating. Finally got someone to acknowledge that I had been waiting and got behind the sushi bar to help get my order ready.

Can't comment on the food yet since I am still waiting for my order. 40 minutes and counting.

1  Thank M D
Reviewed 13 December 2016

This was our first experience of Korean barbecue, and the Daeji-Galbi ( pork for two) for two) was good... tasty but not overpowered by hot spices. All of the main courses come with a huge variety of side dishes.

But when we also chose the chicken we were told by our waiter that we shouldn't "because chicken is cheap and that's how the owner makes money." We also didn't need to hear why "Connecticut sucks" while he was cooking food at our table.

Would we go back? Probably. We enjoyed the food. But if that waiter appears at our table again, we'll demand another one.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

My wife loves Korean food and I am pretty neutral on it. We came here for her 31st bday and got a variety of dishes to get a good feel of the cuisine options. I have to say I was quite surprised. The bbq was very good and the appetizers and sides were fantastic. The server cooking our bbq was great and was constantly joking around and having fun.

The biggest thing to warn people about is, a lot of Korean food is quite salty with a hint of soy sauce. I actually like this flavor profile now that we cook with it at home a lot, but it can certainly be off putting if you aren't used to it or dislike soy.