“First time to this New Haven Landmark”
Review of Sally's Apizza

Sally's Apizza
Ranked #52 of 589 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Let's start with the obvious: the plain cheese pizza was awesome! Here's our one regret: we should have taken the advice on the menu and not ordered four items on our other pizza (meatballs, peppers, onions, mushrooms). It's really not the type of pizza where that makes sense. The plain cheese pizza was perfect. The combo was a bit soggy and overpowered the great thin crust. So, learn from our mistake! It's very small, takes a bit of time to get service and your food, but well worth the adventure. We will definitely return and be more educated about our choices!!!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Oh, Sally's. I dream about Sally's. I live nowhere near New Haven and yet, I keep making up excuses to go back. Just so I can go to Sally's.

Cheese pie, tomato pie, they are both soooooo good. It's an old school place and if you go in knowing what to expect you won't be disappointed. Sure, the service can be slow. No, the menu is not large. But I promise that none of this matters and that you will not regret visiting this gem.

1  Thank J_Nicole_B
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We waited for a half hour for dinner - the wait is outside and they don't take numbers. I suspect that practice is to benefit the guy in charge of the line so he could let his favorites or regulars cut the line and get in before the tourists and/ or people he doesn't recognize. There was nobody around when we began to wait. 15 minutes later a party of 3 arrived and we were lied to - he said they had been there before us and let them in immediately. Really haven't felt so disrespected in a long time. We went to Pepes down the street rather than deal with the politics of waiting for a table at Sally's.

A TripAdvisor Member
Franklin. New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped at Sally's for an early dinner on our way to Pennsylvania. The wait for a table was long due to the line that stretched out the door when we arrived. The pizza was well worth the wait. Definitely try this place if you travel to New Haven you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Good pizza - but not sure if it met my standards. Was bit oily for me. But that's ok. It served the purposes. lots of people have recommended so I tried it out.

Been to Sally's Apizza? Share your experiences!