“Excellent Seafood with a View!”

Shell & Bones Oyster Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Shell & Bones Oyster Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 571 Restaurants in New Haven
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Description: At Shell & Bones, the focus is on seafood and steak, utilizing fresh & sustainable ingredients. All soups, stocks, sauces, and desserts are made in house under the watchful eye of Chef Franco. His style reinterprets many classic recipes, while also creating new favorites and award winners including our clam chowder that won The Big Taste competition of greater New Haven.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

This restaurant is located on New Haven Harbor with a scenic view of the area. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient and explains the various dishes for you. The restaurant is modern, clean and a favorite with locals. We were there at Happy Hour and the bar was filled to capacity. The meals are superb and the seafood is fresh with generous portions. I will definitely be back to enjoy the both the view and another delicious meal.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I visit my son in CT several times a year. My daughter-in-law is always looking for somewhere new to take me on my visits. She had been to this restaurant and thought I would enjoy. The setting is right on the water. The glass doors open up so you can enjoy the fresh air whether you are in or out. Our table was between both. For those on the outside it was a bit sunny. The menu had good choices. They had crab cakes as an appetizer as well as crab cake eggs benedict. I had the crab cake appetizer. It was perfect size for me. Everyone at the table enjoyed their food. A perfect setting for a casual Sunday lunch.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Perfect visit to savor the coast life at New Haven, Connecticut. Fresh and very tasty food. The Crab Cakes and the Fish & Bone steak with big shrimps were superb. I have a recommendation though, some plates have ingredients that do not mix well and rest flavor to the main piece, like the German Salmon, the fish was delicious but the Mexican style beans with a vinaigrette artichoke do not mix, I have to eat the plate by pieces...
Service was very good and the view, SPECTACULAR!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We stopped here after a day of sightseeing in New Haven and were not disappointed.

The view of the bay front is stunning and they had a great happy hour. It was supposed to be only at the bar but the manager, when asked, gave us a water front table!!!

We enjoyed excellent discounted oysters, clams, meat skewers and drinks in beautiful surroundings.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Had dinner there for our 50th anniversary, alone together. Although I called and told them it was a special occasion and asked for a special table, they did not honor my request. I cannot say that we were not well seated, because the doors out onto the sound were open, we were only two aisles away and the view was wonderful. But we were right next to the waiters stand and it felt like a being seated in a 2nd choice spot with all the coming and going. I don't recall exactly what we ordered, but everything was delicious...clams casino, lobsters salad, fries. All very very good. When they heard it was our special night they brought out a wonderful chocolate dessert gratis. We were very grateful. The bill was high but we expected it to be as we ate the most expensive things on the menu and drinks. It was a wonderful evening and we will go back.