“Excellent home cooking ”

Fat Boy's Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #20 of 152 Restaurants in New London
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was very impressed by this place. Simple harbor-ish decor that suited the waterfront setting but the food was fresh, inventive and flavorful. It’s clear that management takes great pride in what the serve. The ‘award winning’ chowder is in fact delicious, although a tad on the heavy and hearty side. Would happily come back here—it’s a very cool place that a true foodie would feel right at home in.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

My son recommended this restaurant to us and we were greatly disappointed. The establishment smells like a toilet and food had a freezer burn taste. Awful.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Picked up relatives from the train stations and went here for a later dinner. Good simple menu, nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Meal prepared fresh and delivered hot. Portions are big so if you’re a light eater, plan to split a meal. Great food with just enough twist to make it different but not weird. We had the chowder, cod sandwich, and bacon Mac & Cheese. All fantastic. It is a small restaurant so you may end up with a wait. If you do, wait it out, I highly recommend this unique little place.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came here on a warm Fri night and ate outside. The buffalo chicken wraps were fantastic and the lobster Mac and cheese was the best I’ve had for $25. There were 2 claws and huge pieces of the tail in there and it was very cheesy. It was served with asparagus and their homemade chips on top. The beer selection was very good. I will definitely be back soon!