“Terrible service”

Bangkok City Thai Cuisine
Ranked #44 of 153 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 January 2017

Dropped in on a Friday at 6:25. They were busy I imagine because the Garde had a performance starting at 8. Only 1 waitperson, a busboy, and the guy that seats you appeared to be in the front of the house. After a 20 minute wait, we were able to place an order. Simple order, spring rolls and 2 entrees. The spring rolls went to another table (they actually ordered summer rolls). An hour and 20 minutes later, the entrees came. The waitress did come by and ask, did you order spring rolls? They never came.
I've eaten here in the past and never had such poor service. Many people just left before their entrees came in order to make the show; people who came in about the time we did. For food that is just ok, it isn't worth the wait.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Chicken kang dang 3 stars has been my favorite dish here for the last ten years. The quality and flavor of the food at this restaurant has been consistently delicious since day 1. Don't miss it when you're in town!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

I tried the Vietnamese wrap which I was told was new on the menu. It was delicious!. It was fresh and light and the the taste of the sauce was so good.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

My friend and I walked into this place at lunch time and seated right away from the hostess with a friendly smile. She took our drink order and came quickly with our beverages. We ordered the BKC Spring Roll which there were 5 small very terrific tasting rolls. Then we also ordered the Spicy Beef Salad at a number 3 level. The salad was perfect! Now they ask you what level you want it for being spicy or not. Number three was spicy which I loved. My friend had #19 Pad Key-Mow ($6.95) from the lunch menu which he loved. I had the #22 Kang Dang ($7.50 because I had shrimp) from the lunch menu. I asked for level 4 but I am not sure if she heard me because it wasn't spicy. I think I got it just the way it was on the menu cause I think the spiciness would have taken away from all the wonderful flavor that this dish offers. With the lunch you get a Jasmine rice soup which to me it taste like water and rice. If you get the soup add salt. The place was clean and we had a great time. I would love to go back and try more. Great lunch and then walked around the downtown.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

quick bite for lunch. Had 2 recommendations
1 was so-so, the other was good. lunch for 2 was $14.00.
That includes a small bowl of soup each.