The Lazy Leopard Thai Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

I had tried Jasmine when I moved back to the area, and was sorely disappointed: the soup smelled like vomit and the tea was clearly a gross powdered mix. Finally said let's try Lazy Leopard, and it's without a doubt a new favorite. The food was out of this world, with a nice kick to it, and the Long Thailand specialty drink was maybe even better! They donate to save endangered Thailand leopards, and have the cutest leopard print to-go bags.

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

Stopped by over the weekend and had an Incredible meal. I ate at the bar and started off with the Paper Shrimp, very tasty with a Plum sauce. I then feasted on a huge piece of Salmon in a Tamarind sauce with fresh veggies and rice. I finished off with a plate of fresh sliced mango and sticky rice. Josh,Kendra and Ashley make you feel right at home. Tony is one of the best chefs in the area. The dining area is very intimate and the colors with the lighting are very well designed(thanks to Kendra). I definitely will be coming back time after time.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 4 May 2015

Hands down, Lazy Leopard has the best Thai food within 30 miles of New London. Their Pad Thai is phenomenal and curries are quite delicious! The wait staff is friendly, and you're as likely to have the owner taking your order as someone else. I have had one poor experience with my food taking longer than expected, but they didn't charge our party for the meal and gave us a gift certificate for our next visit. The folks at Lazy Leopard care about the satisfaction of their customers, whether you eat in or order delivery. Lazy Leopard is quickly becoming my favorite New London restaurant!

1  Thank kelsey368
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

the food is always on point. Not too salty with a lot of flavor! The service is always great, and make sure you get the coconut ice cream! This a place you'll want to visit again and again.

2  Thank Stephtom80
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

We tried this new Thai place for lunch and came with high expectations after reading the reviews on trip advisor, but left a bit disappointed. Thai cuisine is about subtle flavors and balance of spices which my sea bass didn't have; the fried veggies were overwhelmed by the fish sauce. My wife had tamarind duck which was a bit over cooked and with the same overpowering fish sauce flavor. They have some other items on the menu which look appetizing and we may give them another chance. The waitress was nice and helpful and the place looks clean so they do earn some points.

Kendra Klutches... E, Owner at The Lazy Leopard Thai Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Hello, we are so sorry you were disappointed with your meal. After following up with our chef, he confirmed our suspisions that we actually do not use fish sauce in either the Tamarind Duck nor the Seabass in Ginger. However, we would like to give you a $10 credit to try any other items off of our menu. We hope you come in again because we certainly strive for excellence and satisfaction.

Kendra Shuck