“Excellent Staff, Great Sushi, OK Hibachi”
Review of Fusion 25

Fusion 25
Ranked #25 of 60 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2016

I have visited several times. The sushi has always been excellent. The staff is always very friendly. They do not have my favorite hibachi. I have just had better at other places. Their drinks are always great. It not my first choice if I want to go somewhere on a date because it can be quite noisy and a little cramped. My husband and I like to go there for quick sushi and a drink.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

One of my favorites but last couple visits things have been slipping.
I've been to fusion 20+ times and it's one of my favorite Asian/Sushi places. Fresh, well "constructed" sushi (and sashimi), very good menu items of which my favorite is a dish they call Duck Duck Duck, drinks with strong pour, and competent to above average service.
The last few times though things have been not up to par. Forgotten items that were ordered, sushi not holding together, long wait time for food, and "average" service. I've also had several (4 in last two visits) times where someone else's food was brought to my table. While of course I told them it is not ours, I wonder if my "forgotten" items simply went to the wrong table also.
I will be going back because I have a lot of history to average things out, but if one of my recent visits was my first I would probably not return.
For those who have not been yet: It's fairly priced for good food. The restaurant is clean and nice. They make good drinks, It's still worth a try if you like Asian/sushi.
Note: They have hibachi but all my visits have been regular table dining.

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 1 November 2015

Excellent all around. We tried a sushi roll and edamame for appetizers, with beef negimaki and seafood curry for our entrees. Everything was delicious and portions were generous - we were stuffed but ate pretty much every bite. Service was prompt and friendly. Definitely will return.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

Great hibachi and sushi coupled with a nice place with ambiance and tripled with a very accommodating and gracious owner.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

We visited several times because of its unique hibachi, but found the service was terrible. Food was skimpy and the drinks were awful. Too pricey!