Blackberry River Inn
Manor House Inn(Norfolk)
TripAdvisor
Mountain View Green Retreat(Norfolk)
All reviewsthe main housecarriage housewafflesinfinity hallbreakfast was deliciousgerman shepherdmusic halldvd playernight tablesunny roomlovely weekendbeautiful place to staylarge bathroomfall foliagefresh baked cookiesprivate bathnew england
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

You want to stay here. If in NW CT/SW MA this historic property is a beautiful place. 1763 original building, wonderful library with local history, excellent breakfast, attentive and very mindful service.

The innkeeper went above and beyond to make my stay a pleasant and memorable one!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Blackberry Rive... I, Manager at Blackberry River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hello Jeff,

Thanks so much! So glad you enjoyed your stay. It is a unique property. 1763. Amazing.

Appreciate you taking the time to do a review. Means a lot to us.

Thanks again!

Happy Trails,

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We absolutely loved everything about this charming Inn! The Inn Keeper was wonderful from the minute we pulled into the driveway-he and his beautiful dog greeted us warmly and gave us a tour of the main house.The accommodations were warm and homey, and the charm could be found around every corner. The breakfast in the morning was spectacular-we loved the creamers :) My mom and I have decided to make this an annual trip up to the Infinity Hall and plan on staying here again for many years to come. I will bring my husband to stay before a year is up :) A truly wonderful experience! Thank you!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Blackberry Rive... I, Manager at Blackberry River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hello Whitney,

So glad you and your mom enjoyed your stay! Thanks so much for all those kind words!

Yes, Infinity Hall is a real blessing for Norfolk and a great venue for live music. Just minutes' drive away from the Inn, as you know.

Tabu and I look forward to welcoming you back with your husband.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share a review. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We had a lovely weekend at the inn. It is a beautiful place to stay - the breakfasts are delicious, T.W. is a great host and the area is beautiful. We traveled all over the area from the inn enjoying the towns in the area, coming back to relax at this lovely inn.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Blackberry Rive... I, Manager at Blackberry River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Helene,

So glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend! That was the plan:-)

It is a beautiful area, no question. Great base to explore from, I think. So glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you.

Tabu and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Really lovely bed and breakfast in bucolic Connecticut. Nice sized rooms. Beautiful grounds. Well kept. Very cozy. Very hospitable. And a delicious breakfast. Definitely get the waffles. Would definitely stay again if I'm ever in the area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Blackberry Rive... I, Manager at Blackberry River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Great! Thank you! So glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review. Really glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We had a nice room, spacious and a very large bathroom in the main house.
The bathroom does have a step down so you have to be aware.
It is a very old house so the walls are thin so you have to be aware of the TV.
The dining room was lovely and the help was excellent. A wonderful selection for breakfast and the waffles were special. You could have as much as you wanted for breakfast!! I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I would stay in the Main house instead of the additional buildings on property.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, it's true the main house built in 1763 is not the best insulated house in Norfolk, as one would imagine. That's a big reason no cable TV service in the Carriage House--but most rooms do have a DVD player/TV combination and, of course, there's always Wi-Fi.

Yes, our breakfasts are made to order, as you know, and you order what you would like:-)

Please come see us again.

Thank you.