“Excellent Pizza-Outstanding Staff!”
Review of Luigi's Apizza

Luigi's Apizza
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in North Haven
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We've been ordering pizza from Luigi's for a while and have NEVER been disappointed!! Pizzas are great! Staff is friendly and helpful!! Great family place!!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

My husband & I recently moved to North Haven & therefore had to find a new pizza place to order take out from. We found Luigi's & we will never order from anywhere else! The pizza, grinders, & dinners are all amazing! Their meatball grinders & buffalo chicken pizza are our favorites!!! They always have awesome specials! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Just Happened to pop in out of the blue as I was driving by. We had never been here before. The first thing you notice when you walk in the door is the smell of really good pizza. It's a family run restaurant and they have been making pizza for a long time and I think they get it right. Our waitress Melony treated us like family and was extremely pleasant and helpful. ( I have tried the big names in pizza in New Haven and they don't measure up to the hype, This place is better)

Reviewed 21 August 2016

A typical pizza joint. The pizza seemed to decline in all aspects, so we have stopped going there. Not a big restaurant, but friendly service.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I go EVERY single Friday night as a ritual of my get a Friday night Pizza! Considering. I lived in New Haven for 18 years I always ate Sally.s, Peppi's & Modern. Ever since I moved 2 Wallingford, I Non-Stop heard that the Best Pizzera (New Haven style pizza) in the North Haven area, is Hands Down the Best! Well, well ALL have experienced people saying, "Ohh the BEST Pizza place is also so & so! Now I completely understand people opinion on what the like! However, U MUST take in consideration majority of the people actually have NOT had the opportunity to actually taste the Best Pizza! So they simply tell U what they are used to. I'am a self made chief & took Culinary classes @ S.C.S.U. Just as another minor along w/ my B.S. Degree. So I know GOOD food & GOOD ingredients! & Luigi's has the Best Simi-thin crust Pizza, along with an incredible family history Italian sauce- which together makes you feel you just ate Pizza straight from Wooster Street. Which by the way- is where the Earlt family started. So for 5 years EVERY Friday I get a different speciality pizzas, which each pizza is made with the absolute love! Now, however, I just went last night & ordered a "Steak-Mozzarella- jalapeños on white pizza well done. Now when I walked in the owner "Joe" ALWAYS is in the Pizza room making the pizza! Which by the way is 100% always consistent! That's what customers yearn for is consistency. However I came in & some young kid was making the pizza. Now in 5 years, like clockwork, aim there every Friday night. This was the 1st time he was t there asking pizza over overseeing. End of story, the pizza I got was something like Two 10 year old kids put togegher! Yes it was that bad! So bad the was paper was glued to the bottom of the pizza! Never in 30 years have I ever experienced that, along with adding sauce to my request of asking for a white pizza. Anyways, do not let this deter you from going to this phenomenal pizzeria. I had called Luigi's immediately after I came home and opened the pizza box! Ending this review on a good note, Joe had a partner leave (pizza maker) so he is trying to adjust. He totally apologized & also knew my dedication as a weekly customee, gave me my money back, & also said he will take care of the new pizza maker. He came to the conclusion, "You know what John? Is, trying to juggle my new situation. And YES I agree customers wa t consistency because that's the only reason why they always come back! So far have to get back to making the pizzas all myself again then so be it because the number one thing is customer satisfaction. Her thanked me for his input & also said, lol, if you wa t something done right- then simply Do IT youself! My conclusion is that yes I was so upset my pizza didn't come out like it always did for the past 5 years, it wasn't Joe who made it. But as owner he truly valued me as a customer & even more as a ,o g standing 5 year customer! Bottom line if you love New Haven style pizza. Which by the way "Food Network rates New Haven CT- Wooster street 2nd place out of 10 in the U.S., meaning if can't wait I the crazy hour long lines in New Haven, make your way to Luigi's Pizzeria on Washington ave. North Haven CT (15 minutes away). The MAKE the best thin crust pizza, family owned, and offers close to 30 varies Speciality pizzas. Also since my move to North Haven, I've tried close to 17 different pizzerias people raved about! Every Single 1 I did NIT even eat 1/2 the pizza! I just through it into the woods for the animals, cut that's all it was good for! When you have the best! It's extremely hard to lower your standards-especially for paying th same price or how higher! And Lastly, I leave you ALL with something SO SIMPLE to immediately pay know for a FACT if the pizza is going to be better than average BEFORE even eating it!! R U ready?!!!!
If you Ever order a Pizza, the #1 THING you should be aware of is this: "Is the Restaurant NAME ON THE PIZZA BOX!!! If it's some Generic Box saying, (I duuno)" Enjoy HOT Pizza!" Then automatically this pizzeria NOT ONLY does CARE of their brand to spend the money have it printed on the Pizza Box, it's Also, means 3 things! 1- they are NOT making even money to advertise(cuz they would IF their pizza was that Good! 2ndly their NOT making enough money to spend on having their name even printed on tier pizza box! 3rdly (Which is the WORST) they, themselves Do NOT EVEn Value their own edible pizzeria product to EVEN have their OWN name advertised in BIG letters a Pizza BOX! Why? It's simply! They Simply Do NOT take pride in the quality of pizza their making! It's common since! And YES Luigi's in North Haven has their name in massive letters as well as logo. Word to the wise, you see a pizza place with their own boxes with their name on it- simply states they take the up-most-pride in what the produce in food! It's a simple Quick WAY 2 find out the serious pizzerias who take pride in their product.. & 1 of those very awesome pizza restaurants in CT is Luigi's pizzeria Washington ave. RT. 5. My 1st review I ever wrote, which simply say how Great tasting this pizza place is! So enjoy! Yes, I had a bad experience with some really new young kid who did t know why he was doing, but the owners will immediately rectify the situation and get you a better dinner for your money back. But if anything make sure Joe is making the pizza because Joe is from Worcester Street and makes the best pizza in North Haven. ~Jp John Yeakley

1  Thank John Y