“Quiet place for an early dinner”

Fat Cat Grill and Bar
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: "Fairly new restaurant next to Surplus Unlimited".
Description: "Fairly new restaurant next to Surplus Unlimited".
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My husband and I stopped here for dinner. The restaurant is cozy with a small bar in the front and a dining area in the back. We were given the option of a booth or table in the dining area. It was early and only a two other tables had customers.

Tabitha was prompt to take our drink order but didn't rush us. I appreciated that she asked if we had seen the specials before rattling them off. No point in boring people with something they already know. I ordered the French Dip and upgraded to sweet potato fries. My husband ordered a sausage dish. I again appreciated that Tabitha took the time to explain the sausage dish. The menu states clearly what the dish is, however, it's the type of thing that people read and then assume they know what they are getting. She explained that the dish did not come with pasta, and if he was looking for pasta then he could order another dish and have sausage added. Unlike many my husband actually, reads the menu so he was aware of what he was getting but we appreciated that she took the time to make sure.

The atmosphere was generally quiet. There are two TVs on one wall with sports on them but the sound was off. There was no music which made talking easier as we didn't have to compete with the sound system. There is also a case with several dessert options.

The food came out in a reasonable amount of time. The sausage dish is sausage and peppers in pasta sauce and baked under a layer of cheese. It looked really good but I chose not to try it. The French Dip comes on a soft grinder role with plenty of meat. It's a 6-inch sandwich, which is perfect for me. The sandwich comes with a wide mouth dish of au jus, which is perfect. Most places give you a small cup that can't accommodate the sandwich for dipping. The fries were crispy but not burnt.

The cat theme was cute. Our one issue was that the dessert options heavily favored cheesecake. We aren't really cheesecake people so we ended up at another location for some ice cream. Overall we really enjoyed the restaurant and will be back again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Love sitting at the bar and having lunch with my husband. Fast and delicious. Best grinders around. Try the paninis. To die for. Especially the steak panini.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Have eaten here twice & there is a variety of food choices but the quality is like a diner. Nothing special. I had a pesto chicken panini which was decent but the Greek bruschetta tasted like pizza. Their draft beer is reasonable so I won't cross this place off my list yet.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

This place continues to be one of our favorites. Great specials. Good drinks. Great service. Pan Seared Scallops are my favorite.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Fat Cat's is a great place for lunch or dinner. I've been there numerous times, and never had a bad experience. I usually get their salad's for lunch, and have enough left over for lunch the next day, and their beer battered fish and chips are excellent! They have great beer and wine choices available as well.