“What You See is What You Get”

Lenny's on the beach
Ranked #17 of 30 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Lenny's is a bar that serves food on the beach. It is at the end of Hartford Street past the carousel and immediately adjacent to Miami Beach.

There is indoor and outdoor seating. The crowd tends to local and younger and there is loud music played-very appropriate for this on the beach setting. There are two games (frisbee and bean bag) in the outer patio area. Good selection of beers and drinks, many of the latter done very well (Bloody Mary and Lemonade type concoction.)

We had the lobster special, 1.5 lbs steamed with corn and side for $20, great job! Chicken fingers were excellent, moist and tasty. Our child p,Ayer on the beach while we waited fir food. Probably would not bring him here on a Friday or Saturday night but Wednesday was fine.

Our sever, Amber, gave us good service and was very accommodating. It is exactly what you see when you walk up. We have had drinks and Apps here before and have been happy. We shall return-nice views, music (you need to like it loud) and good food.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a bite to eat, was looking for a waterfront or beach front restaurant and stopped here Good view of the beach. Wasn't a fan of the obnoxious drunk men at the bar and this place was not family friendly. No children's menu or child booster seats. Had to wing it. Very loud atmosphere. Felt out of place with a small child. Seems like more of a local hang out. Food was ok Nothing special

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Visited Old Lyme Beach and stopped here for a take-out lobster roll, the girls in the take out booth were very unprofessional. One was sitting on the counter in the receive window eating food that she dipped in sauce.The other worker handed my lobster roll over her to me? Really? The lobster roll is cold. It is lump sweet big chunks mixed in a mayo sauce. I added a little pepper squeezed a lemon and it was a party in my mouth. Screw the costumer service, hands down the best lobster roll ever!!!!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Visited Lenny's on the beach after seeing it featured on the local news. The location is perfect for beach goers. The menu is limited to burgers, salads, wraps and appetizers. They serve their own beer (Soundview Brewing).

I had the bacon bleu burger with curly fries. My brother had the tuna wrap. My burger was good. My brother's wrap was missing the avacodo that was listed on the menu. He mentioned it to the waitress who went to the kitchen to ask about. She failed to tell him until he mentioned it a second time.
That is when she told him they were out.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I recently stopped at Lenny's on the beach. The view was amazing. I ordered the Tuna Avocado Wrap. After two bites, I realized that there was no avocado in the wrap. I asked the young lady taking care of me about the avocado. She disappeared not to return for quite some time. When she did return she never mentioned the missing avocado. I again inquired about the lack of avocado. She responded with that they were out of avocado. She must have thought that her cuteness was going to make the situation go away. I asked for it to be taking off of my bill which she complied. On top of it, the computerized bill was very confusing. I had to question everything on it. I am not sure that I will return after this experience.

1  Thank Trip M