“Will always remember this place!”

Lenny's on the beach
Ranked #17 of 30 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stopped on the way back from Cape Cod, for a last hurrah beach and lobster roll experience. We got both and loved the food/service, but most importantly, Lenny's help and management restored my faith in humanity: Already in New Jersey I realized I'd left my handbag hanging from the chair at Lenny's! I called, the waitress had already retrieved it and on Monday the manager went to the post office to mail it to me Priority Mail. My life was in that bag: wallet, Driver's License, Rx glasses and a couple of pairs of other expensive sunglasses, cash and credit cards, some sentimental value items as well. I can't say enough about people at Lenny's!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My husband and I rented a cottage for a week in August at Hawks Nest beach. We spent many hours at the tiki bar which overlooks the beach. The food was great, especially the sweet potatoe fries and the Tuna/avocado wrap. Prices were also very reasonable, and some days they had live entertainment. The place next door...The Pavilion...well, we're in our mid-40's and that scene...a little too...um... not our thing...

Reviewed 27 July 2017

It is exactly as you expect when you approach the door -- a beach bar with all the appropriate food and drink. And the food is actually well prepared. Lobster roll with lots of lobster and hot buttered roll. Tasty fried clams. Crispy calamari. Turkey rollup for the non-sea-food people. Hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids. The local beer was fun to try.

Location, location, location. Get some sun on the beach and cool off with a drink. If you're looking for haut cuisine or fast food and service, then you're at the wrong place. If you want a friendly beach bar with beer and beach food and a place to hang out at the beach, this is it.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Lenny's is a bar that serves food on the beach. It is at the end of Hartford Street past the carousel and immediately adjacent to Miami Beach.

There is indoor and outdoor seating. The crowd tends to local and younger and there is loud music played-very appropriate for this on the beach setting. There are two games (frisbee and bean bag) in the outer patio area. Good selection of beers and drinks, many of the latter done very well (Bloody Mary and Lemonade type concoction.)

We had the lobster special, 1.5 lbs steamed with corn and side for $20, great job! Chicken fingers were excellent, moist and tasty. Our child p,Ayer on the beach while we waited fir food. Probably would not bring him here on a Friday or Saturday night but Wednesday was fine.

Our sever, Amber, gave us good service and was very accommodating. It is exactly what you see when you walk up. We have had drinks and Apps here before and have been happy. We shall return-nice views, music (you need to like it loud) and good food.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a bite to eat, was looking for a waterfront or beach front restaurant and stopped here Good view of the beach. Wasn't a fan of the obnoxious drunk men at the bar and this place was not family friendly. No children's menu or child booster seats. Had to wing it. Very loud atmosphere. Felt out of place with a small child. Seems like more of a local hang out. Food was ok Nothing special