“Local Favorite with a Vintage Feel”
Review of Hank's Dairy Bar

Hank's Dairy Bar
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Plainfield
Reviewed 21 October 2016

Opening in 1957, this popular roadside dairy bar features seafood, burgers, dogs, onion rings, and soft serve. The lobster roll is swell and the coleslaw is a must -- nicely peppery and just the right amount of buttermilk-tangy dressing. So good, you'll want to get some to go. Take advantage of the specials on T-W-Th. Very kid friendly, with a big play area. On the weekend, listen to local musicians while you dine at one of the picnic tables. Or hit one of the fun week night car shows. Leave your calorie counter at home and bring cash because they don't take plastic.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent place to eat!!
They have excellent burgers and love the lobster roll!! This place has been around forever and therir standards have not changed!! Always consistent.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

Living only about 20 minutes away for most of my life Hank's was always a place we would swing by every couple of weeks in the Spring and Fall. Now that I am older and live a little farther out my family and I still stop by a couple of times a year when we are visiting that neck of the woods. My little ones love to run around in back and I have always enjoyed their hamburgers and clam cakes. On Mothers Day this year we decided to go for a drive. We were all in the mood for burgers since it was kind of a cold and rainy day. I spoke up and said we should head to Hanks. Unfortunately, that was a poor decision on my part. Not only was the service lacking from the girls behind the counter, but the food was just not worth it. Not worth the money and not worth our time. First, they forgot the bacon on the burger. That's understandable, mistakes happen, but after anticipating a nice juicy burger I was completely dissapointed with a dry, tasteless lump on a bun. The bacon was also some mess that was precooked or processed beyond belief. My husbands hamburger was just as terrible. The food was tasteless, dry, and a total dissapointment. Sorry to say that this long standing establishment is not what it once was and we will skip it next time we are close by.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

I used to live in CT near Hank's Dairy Bar where me, my husband and dog often went on the weekends. We also brought friends and family when visiting. Great lobster rolls and fried whole belly clams! We also like the chocolate shakes and sundaes. My husband thinks the onion rings there are the best in the world. Finally, they have a nice stage with good local musicians performing. Kids have a fun place to play so they don't bug the adults. We haven't been there yet this season, but despite moving to RI, we will go back, nothing compares!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Been a loyal patron of Hank's for many years.Always go on opening day, its a ritual of spring.
Casual outdoor dining or takeaway. Never had anything I didn't enjoy, but must admit I usually go with the lobster roll-its the best place around to get a lobster roll.
Soft serve ice cream is a nice finish to the meal.They have special events and music throughout the season.My husband and I enjoy the British Car show.