“Don't judge a book by it's cover”

Uncle Bob's Ham and Eggers
Ranked #19 of 82 Restaurants in Plainville
Reviewed 16 February 2018

I probably drove by it a hundred times but never considered it based on the look from the outside. I eat breakfast with a family of 4 and it seemed it was a place that just had a few tables. Anyway one of our staple places was closed and we decided to duck in for breakfast as a last resort. Turns out it has much more seating that I expected.

Don't get me wrong, it's not much to look at, but it's clean and the wait is minimal if at all (I've since been back several times). There are a ton of options for breakfast or lunch and I've been happy with everything. I usually get the omelet which comes with thick toast and home fries. I'm a big eater and I can barely finish it. There is also usually a list of specials that have some unique choices. The staff is friendly and the food comes quick.

So if you want something upscale, don't come here. If you want an excellent breakfast in a blue collar atmosphere and fair prices, this place is tough to beat.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Went well off the highway to go here base on reviews. Typical diner atmosphere, though somewhat dated and grimy. Though a no-smoking restaurant, smell of old cigarette smoke was very strong. My omelette was ok, but overcooked and burmed. Toast was barely toasted and not even warm enough to melt the butter on it. Home fries were very good.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Uncle Bob's first looks like your small town hole in the wall greasy spoon..OOOOOH NOOOOO....far from it!!! The breakfast and lunch specials are to die for. Generous portions and made to order, the food comes out in just a matter of minutes. Also...don't let the outside of the building fool you...there is PLENTY of room and tables to eat and converse comfortably...try it..you'll love it...REALLY!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I guess we could be considered regulars at Uncle Bobs. We have breakfast there a few times a month for the past few years. Your food is well prepared and nicely plated. Recent daily special was Pumpkin Bread French Toast. It was really good. Just a normal scrambled eggs, home fries and toast is nicely done. Sandy the server does a marvelous job taking care of all. She is helpful, efficient , friendly and quick.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Breakfast menu and daily specials have lots of variety and mixed tastes. I lived the Irish omelet ! Imagine that!

Also perogies !!! Nicely presented with a honey and kielbasa accompaniment!

Friendly staff too, two dining areas.