“Elegant, peaceful and fun”

Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Ridgefield
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Beautiful building, interesting exhibits and quiet. The back is a small green field bordered by trees - heavenly. The third Saturday of the month = free! and an Arts & Crafts class is offered to children. My teen has autism and I was a little worried there would be just little kids - which is fine - but everyone is welcome to make art in a beautiful crafts room. Perfect. The entire staff could not be nicer.

All reviews
"trees"
"teen"
"nature"

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We stopped to see Entropy & Watermelons and were delighted to find this excellent little museum tucked away behind it. Admission was free that day because of a local event. Our grandchildren liked the glass sculptures, I loved the mobiles, and my daughter liked the nice variety of artwork. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Interesting Art Museum, well organized, and entertaining museum of modern art in a very nice setting

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting this museum. It was a rainy day and we were visiting Stamford. Not wanting to go out in the rain we reviewed our reciprocal museum privileges and found the Aldrich. It was awesome. The lack of permanent exhibits meant it would have a fresh contemporary perspective. I truly appreciated the thought provoking and immersive nature of the exhibits. I am glad the museum is on the small side as I like to read ever detail of an exhibit and feel incomplete when I cannot finish everything as in a large gallery. It is definitely contemporary and immersive. Some things are rather concrete and others abstract. I really enjoyed the experience. One of the most unique museums I have ever been to.