“A Nice Peaceful Stay”

Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 February 2017

This was a personal trip and only for four days but the warm greeting and service I received from Neriska (fellow Boricua) and Chris at the counter was very much appreciated. They were courteous, professional, knowledgable and friendly. They helped me with nearby places to shop and dine. Chris was unable to help me with obtaining feather pillows for my room but that wasn't her fault. The room was clean, quite and the temperature control allowed me to set the room heater just right for the cold evenings. The shower was hot and the bed was comfortable. There was a full kitchen I was able to take advantage of... to include a full stove with an OVEN. I baked a roast! There were plenty of towels and the cleaning service was very good. All n all it was a good stay. It's a shame the rates went up for the Memorial Day weekend, I wanted to re-book for that weekend. Oh well... it's a nice place and I recommend it highly. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Get the second floor for more privacy. Also if you prefer feather pillows, bring your own.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

JMAbrante,

It was a pleasure to accomodate you during your stay in Shelton. It is our goal to strive for guest satisfaction and it sounds like Nerishka and Chris made it their priority to give you the best service you wanted and deserved. We hope to see you again soon!

Dawn Gasper

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County

Reviewed 26 December 2016

We stayed at the Residence Inn to visit family over the holidays. We had Marriott Reward points and used them for our stay. We have stayed here twice now, and though the price is very reasonable, it is time for an update of the rooms.

The rooms are a good size and with the kitchen and sitting area they have lots of space. The kitchen appears to be updated and in good repair. Our room this trip had a couch that was very saggy, and worn. The bathroom was not as clean as I like, quite a bit of mold on the shower curtain. Tiles are cracked and not enough attention to cleaning the corners of the bathroom. The sink area is separate, and there were several cracks and nicks in the sink itself. Last trip the room had been sprayed with some type of disinfectant that was very strong, we had to air the room out. What ever they used was irritating, and made me sneeze and gave me a scratchy throat.

There are several buildings and rooms are on the first or second floor, the stairs are out of doors. Parking is right next to each building. There is lots of space outside with a pool and basketball court. Since we were here for Christmas the outside was not in use.

The lobby and breakfast area appear to have recently been updated and nice and clean with comfortable furniture. The breakfast was excellent, with eggs, waffles, and toast and pastries. There was yogurt and several juices and fresh fruit.

It is time to update the rooms to match the lobby, and more attention to cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

JCmass,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy you gave us another opportunity and we are excited to have an upcoming room renovation next year! we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future!

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite places I have stayed this year. There is a fireplace in the room, a beautiful full kitchen and diligent staff. Three times a week there are mixers to meet other guests. The rooms are clean and it is conveniently located next to the highway exit. The Connecticut shoreline is close by.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank Julie J

Julie J,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are glad you were able to enjoy the fireplace and spacious kitchens. It is always a pleasure having you stay with us!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I only stayed on night while on business, but I think meant more for extended stay. Room had kitchenette, living area and bedroom - was very large. My floor was on second floor so I had to walk up two flights of stairs with a large suitcase. Be aware that doors are outside no inside hallways.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

RyanErin2014,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are a unique property that does have the entrances on the outside to allow our extended stay travelers to feel less like they are in a hotel and more like they are at home! We hope you enjoyed our spacious suites and full kitchens! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed at this hotel last weekend. Just needed so time away from the kids. They have fireplaces in some of the rooms which is why we chose this particular Marriott. Over all nice stay, the grounds are nice almost like a mini resort or used to be a condo complex. They have an outdoor pool along with basketball court that I think doubles as a tennis court. We stayed in November but would be nice in summer. There are good restaurants nearby and shopping both a short drive away. Plus the rooms have a kitchen and full fridge. I would definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Martin N,
It was a pleasure having you stay with us for your mini vacation without the kids! We are very happy to hear you had a great time! We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
2.5 km away
0.4 km away
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
3.5 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County? Share your experiences!