“Enjoyed My Stay ”

Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Myself, wife and son have just recently stayed at the Residence Inn and found it to be very convenient to go visit my relatives and also all the shops nearby. The rooms were very cozy and spacious and the kitchenette is a great addition to it. I felt like I had my own condominium. Breakfast was wonderful and the staff was kind and helpful. I would definitely go back again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Pat M,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed our spacious suites and the nearby attractions. We are happy you enjoyed breakfast and all of our amenities.
Thank you again for staying with us and thanks for a great review!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We had one of the Penthouse suites. The Penthouse entrance is on the second floor of the building containing four other units. The ground floor has a full kitchen, dining table, couch/bed, television and a separate bedroom. The bedroom has a full bathroom. The second floor has a king size bed and a full bathroom. The hotel has a free buffet every morning. The food was very good for a buffet,

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This hotel is in terrible shape. The staff are exceptional but there is little they can do because this property needs a major overhaul. It looks dirty, but it is just so old and outdated that it cannot be cleaned. I was told a major remodel will be done in Jan 2018. I'm sure after that date, this will be the place to go BUT not now! Marriott should be ashamed of this property. it is no where near a Marriott standard.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are scheduled for a guestroom renovation for January 2018, in the meantime allow me to look further into your concerns. I'd be happy to speak with you directly so I may address gather more information regarding your stay!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Residence Inn Shelton CT June 24 2017

I don't even know where to begin. 1) if you have housekeeping in charge of the pool area policing it, maybe a lesson in dealing with children should be involved? Or people in general?  I fully understand it is the summer and the facilities are in high demand.

We were actually just visiting a friend staying in the hotel. On vacation with children. A woman advised us that they needed bracelets to use the pool area. The first time she asked there was no one in the pool. After basically kicking an 11 year old. I used points to get a room. We used the bathroom to change and went home for the evening as planned. I contacted the property early in the morning and asked for a late check out as we planned to return around lunch time. I was offered a 1 pm check out. We get back to the hotel about 1145 and a maid was in the room. When I asked I was advised that I could no longer have a late checkout so we went back to the pool area with our bracelets where the same woman proceeded to come and tell us we had to leave. This time with bracelets and 2 other children in the pool including the person we were visiting. It was honestly the most horrific experience I've ever had. Other than this atrocious woman and this horrific policy the remainder of the staff was great.

Oh and because she was basically singling people out she was at least consistent. 4 other guests had to return to the front desk to get bracelets. Including a woman who checked in over a month ago who is on the property for 3 months. So I'm sure you will hear additional complaints.

So basically if you have kids and they have friends this property is not for you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

I can understand your frustration towards our hotel policy. In efforts to prevent non-guests using our pool, we enforce a strict policy that requires all guests to wear pool bracelets. While this policy may be an inconvenience, we do this for the safety and security of all our guests. We also restrict visitors of our guests to use our amenities as our hotel is very small and allowing all of our 96 rooms to bring guests would be over the amount of maximum persons allowed by the city of Shelton. We implemented our policy after last summer, when the majority of our guests were unable to use our amenities because of the amount of outside visitors. As a the General Manager of this property, I had to find a solution to this prevent this from occurring again. Thank you for your review, we hope you enjoy your summer.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

The room was spacious and has potential However, it is in need of a remodel. The carpets were worn in several places. To the extent that there were a few bear spots. The furniture is dated, but clean. The kitchen was adequate. The beds were comfortable

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Dawn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Travel-in-excess58,
I want to thank you for staying with us during your time in Shelton. Our guest suites are large with Full kitchens to allow guest to be comfortable during their stay. Unfortunately, some rooms have some ware and tear and I am happy to say we will be fully renovated in January 2018! We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelton
2.5 km away
0.4 km away
Extended Stay America - Shelton - Fairfield County
3.5 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford

Been to Residence Inn Shelton Fairfield County? Share your experiences!