“Good if you're not fussy”

Carmine's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #37 of 135 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2016

The meal was good but not good enough to smack your lips. The best part of my meal was the pasta fagioli. The salad was good. The eggplant was good enough to finish - but I was hungry. The lasagna got good reviews. I'd go back but I wouldn't rush back. The service was friendly and competent. The drinks were good. The cost was moderate.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Four of us ate at Carmine's last night. Overall the experience was ok. Two of our dinners (fish special and pork chops) were very good and nice portions. Two of the dinners (steak and chicken francais) were small and lacking much flavor with the chicken portion being downright tiny! The waiter was polite and seemed to be working hard. The service was very slow and not at all attentive. Not sure if it was the waiter or understaffing. Might go back as we have had other better experiences here.

3  Thank RR1235
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

I've never been disappointed with Carmines. Best antipasto around! House dressing is amazing. Bread always fresh and soft. Had the shrimp marsala and it was hands down one of the best meals I ever had. I have tried to replicate the dish myself ever since. Imitation is the best form of flattery. Nice sized bar if you just want to pop in for a glass of wine and an app. Love this place.

Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

Had pizza there very salty, Also the meatball grinders are awful, I will not go there again, in my opinion it was too expensive for what you get

Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

I was in the area and had eaten here in the past. There were people there at the time I went so figured it's a good place to grab a quick bite before an evening appointment. I was quickly greeted and seated. I realized quickly that the waiter was greeting, waiting and bartending. Since there were quite a few people on there already, the waiter was having trouble keeping up. It took a while to order. Food was quick and tasted ok. Once I was done eating it took me about 15 minutes to ahold of the waiter. By then another server/bartender came in and some of the slack was taken. Once I asked for the check I gave the waiter my card and it took too long for him to run my card because he had to bring food out and forgot to run it.

Even though it was a Wednesday night, there were enough customers early in the evening that should have warranted a second server or at least a dedicated bartender. I'm not sure if I would be back or even recommend this place.

1  Thank Jessica H