“Came here for breakfast”
Review of Stockbridge's Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stockbridge's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went here for breakfast. The place was nice and quiet. A relaxed atmosphere to enjoy breakfast. Staff knows the regulars and is very friendly. Breakfast was good and the portion was good. I also tried the blueberry cheesecake. Think that's a bit overpriced for a little piece. The cheesecake was good, but nothing exceptional. Maybe I'll give their plain cheesecake a try for actual comparison

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I keep coming back here for cheesecake, the only reason I keep coming back. I've tried many cheesecakes and this certainly is the best. Not overly sweet, velvetly smooth, and each bite keeps you craving the next until the whole thing is gone! I also tried one of their dark chocolate mouse desserts that left me craving for more as well. I say it even beats cheesecake's factory's cheesecakes, although they are very good as well but leaves me feeling "overweight". Stockbridge will too if you eat the whole cake but it's not as dense. Haven't tried their lunch or tea time, each time I come I run in to pick up a cheesecake to go.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This reminds me of a tea room rather than a restaurant. Small tables for 2 predominate, perfect for a one on one light breakfast or lunch. Not a diner atmosphere, more "frilly". French toast was lovely but a small portion. This room is small with no real waiting area if no table is available, so arrive early. Not a place to have a super private conversation because the tables are close together but the overall atmosphere is charming.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I didn't know what to expect from a place that specializes in cheesecake located on the main street of one of Connecticut's more industrial towns. The surprise began when we walked through the door. Behind the unassuming storefront lies the atmosphere of an English tea room with lace tablecloths. Our server, Jerry, looked like he had stepped out of a Dickens novel.

My wife and I started our lunch with pumpkin bisque, delicately flavored and just the thing to counter the brisk weather on the day we visited. Stockbridge's makes an excellent baked mac and cheese, too, served in a crock with mixed greens and a tasty vinaigrette on the side. My daughter opted for somethng from the breakfast menu and got an enormous omelet served with a side of home made hash browns.

We didn't linger for dessert but took a whole pumpkin cheesecake with us to eat with dinner later that day. It was a fluffy concoction with substantial flavor and superb texture. When I opened the box, I found a small envelope inside marked cheesecake slicer. I wasn't sure quite what to do with it since there seemed to be nothing inside. I couldn't imagine slicing the cheesecake with the edge of a manila envelope. Curiosity got the better of me. I opened the envelope to find some curled fishing line which makes a perfect cheesecake slicer, much better than a knife.

Lunch for three came to $61 including the take out cheesecake and tip. I hope to be back soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a very enjoyable luuch. I ordered from the breakfast menu- I had the custom egg white omelet with five items. I picked spinach, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, tomatoes and goat cheese. It came with choice of toast and home fries as well as a slice of cantaloupe. It was very tasty and filling. My husband had a cup of clam chowder and a grill chicken sandwich with mozzarella cheese and balsamic sauce, he liked his a lot too. There is lots to choose from for dessert- cheesecake, cookies, pastries. We were too full for dessert but took a brownie and two chocolate chip cookies home. Our service was very good as well.