“You get more than you pay for.”
Review of The Iron Horse Inn

The Iron Horse Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Simsbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We recently stayed in this hotel because we were on a quick trip and it was significantly cheaper than surrounding accommodations. This is often a red flag, but after reading other reviews we decided to try it. I'm glad we did. The room was 1 king bed with a balcony, a/c unit, microwave, and fridge. The room was very large and allowed plenty of room for my toddler to play. As other reviews have stated, it is an old building and could use some updating. The room was clean and functional. I would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017

Reviewed 6 June 2017

So, this is an older hotel with some modest modern up-grades. The bed, TV, Wifi were all modern and first rate. The room was very clean and large. The best hotel coffee in a long time (that is, of course, a very low bar). No breakfast and the hall smelled kind of odd.

I like it there, and am likely to return.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We were visiting family and wanted a place to sleep nearby. Our room was clean and roomy. The bed was firm enough for us and we appreciated having good reading lamps at the head of the bed and a tiny kitchenette for our own breakfasts and snacks. The balcony was on a noisy road but we do like the ability to open up for fresh air. This was a basic room for a basic price. We'll most likely return. We do like Simsbury!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Convenient location in Simsbury. Not the most modern hotel so don't expect a Marriott experience but for the price relative to other nearby hotels, it was worth it. Could use some upgrades and modernization though. Really nice people running the hotel.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank t2thebone
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Just the place for a nights sleep. The room was large and very clean. I unplugged the slightly noisy refrigerator which I did not need. I was please that I did not have to move furniture to get a plug for my computer as I did in the last budget hotel I used. TV channels were limited but I did not care. A list of he channels would have been helpful. The coffee in the AM was good. Stairs at the entrance might be a problem for people with movement limitations.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simsbury
9.0 km away
11.1 km away
HYATT house Hartford North/Windsor
11.4 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks

Been to The Iron Horse Inn? Share your experiences!