US$152
US$127
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

US$219
Book now, pay at stay
US$88
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewsstay there againroom was cleanking bedmicrowavetvaccommodationsstarbucks
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I stayed there for 3 nights and had a comfortable stay. The staff was polite and the owner was attentive and helpful. I called the front desk a few times and each time I was immediately helped. I had requested more blankets and within 5 minutes, it was brought to me. The owner was very nice and suggested great restaurants to eat near by at. While checking in, the owner brought her new born baby along, but she did not let the baby come in the way of her checking me in. One could easily see that this is a family owned business but that did not hinder the professional and courteous service I received. The rooms were clean and comfortable as well.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank tictactoe20
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Conveniently located for my needs, but obviously mismanaged. Repair work haphazardly done with mismatched materials and smelly hallways give this property a flophouse ambiance even though the rooms are reasonably clean. Front desk staff was unfriendly and brusque, (apparently we had interrupted her tv viewing or something). Returning after dinner, I had to call again because I lost money in both vending machines. First call was answered and hung up. Subsequent call was not answered. Next morning at check out, still no one there - a couple of keys laying on the counter. I declined to leave mine because anyone could have picked it up. I disposed of it on the road in a dumpster. The manager, (who was also {not} at the front desk - she told me she had a baby to take care of -that's why she did not answer - my problem?), called and emailed me demanding the return of the key and threatening to charge me for the cost of changing the locks. Unbelievable! As a hotel G.M. myself, I found this experience appalling.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank mjolner
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I think it is very important for families who select this place to know, the pool is not open and there are no plans to open the pool anytime soon ( the owner told me this himself). The service is fine but there was no information provided that the pool is out of commission until we arrived. I think they should have provided a discount.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
MDean3, Manager at The Iron Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2010

The pool was closed at that time because of a tornado which brought with it winds that ranged from 80 to 90 mph.
We had to keep the pool closed for the weekend due to the to the amount of debris which was left in the pool.

Reviewed 10 December 2008

The Iron Horse Inn is a beautiful place to stay with great accomodations and helpful/friendly staff. I visited for only 1 night for a family gathering but will definately go back when I am in the area again. I found the rooms to be spotless, comfortable, and a great size for large families. The town is also beautiful with many restaurants in the area. There is a great outdoor pool that I will check out in the summer and some good places to ski near by. Can't wait to stay there again- recommended for a quiet weekend away or a place to unite with friends or family.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Rinz414
Reviewed 27 May 2008

Visited Simsbury for family gathering. Found the room to need MANY updates. Mattresses were dirty (though the linens were clean), wall was scorched beside stove in unit (right beside the bed), plumbing fixtures are badly in need of update, and we were given only one wash cloth (not one each, mind you--just ONE wash cloth) each day we stayed there, and cannot call front desk from the room for any type of service. Not a pleasant stay. Won't return.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family