“Good taste but overpriced”

Sixpence Pie Company
Ranked #50 of 201 Restaurants in Southington
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Telephone 860-681-6118
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

I used a groupon to try different pies to sample. Good taste but very pricey. I wouldn't pay full price for the little pies I bought.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Their quiches, pies, and pasties taste really homemade (they clearly made everything from fresh ingredients) and it's so refreshing!

1  Thank Ariana124
Reviewed 8 January 2013

After reading reviews on here I decided to give this place a shot. I stopped on a Friday after work, so it was slim pickins, there probably was a better selection eariler I assume. I got a large chicken pot pie with the gravy, I have to say we thought it was amazing. I heated it up in the oven and the crust was tender and flaky and the chicken was so moist, I just wished we had more of the gravy to go with it. I also had gotten mom a small apple pie, she was disappointed in that and gave it to the birds, so I won't try the desserts again. I definitely will try some of their other selections of meat pies since we had such good luck with the chicken pot pie.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I'm from NJ but my work brings me to CT often. I happened to be in the Southington area and stumbled upon this place. I stopped in and the girls there are so nice and the food looks AND tastes delicious!
I had the Sheperds Pie Pastie and I loved it! I saw the comment about the crust being dry. It wasn't dry, it was just a biscuit consistency; not what I guess that reviewer was expecting. But I loved it! I'm thinking of ordering some to bring home with me!

1  Thank aimdee
Reviewed 16 October 2012

As a pie lover, I was quite excited to try Six Pence. I had the Butcher, which is beef bourguignon in a pie crust. It was quite dry and seemed to be a lot more crust than filling, which was disappointing. My wife had the yard bird and enjoyed it, but just from looking I could see that it was also quite dry and mostly crust. I hope they get better because I love the idea, they just unfortunately fell short for me.