“Innovative menu ”
Review of Olio

Olio
Ranked #7 of 513 Restaurants in Stamford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a brand new restaurant in Stamford, CT. The food is excellent!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Very innovative menu for its location in north Stamford neighborhood of Springdale. Portions are good sized and we were able to share an entree after we each ate an app. Pickled veggies and fried pork belly was a filling starter. My husband had the meatballs and he loved them. The scallops were perfectly seared and placed atop sautéed mushrooms and other veggies which were very tasty.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We've been to t hi is restaurant a half dozen times but will never go back. The food is always wonderful if you don't mind waiting 30 minutes for your appetizer and another 20 for your main course. The couple sitting next to us waited longer than us for their meal and finally asked for it to go. We ate here a couple months ago and waited forever then too so we are done with Olio.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We ordered the meatballs and house salad as appetizers, the pork chop and bronzino market catch of the day for entrees. They did not have the drink we ordered, makers mark so we ordered their substitute. The meatballs were good and the salad was ok. Unfortunately, while I was chewing my second bite of my salad I bit down on something that was very hard. I took it out of my mouth to see it was a triangular shape of plastic. I gave it to the waitress and she apologized saying sometimes when the plastic bags are cut, it falls into the food. That was not an acceptable response. We were expecting a free drink but nothing was done. Poor business, we will not return.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Joined 5 friends for dinner and we all enjoyed our meals. The pork chop, short ribs and duck were all delicious. Dinner order took awhile but worth the wait.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We made a reservation and requested to sit in the front dining room. When we arrived we were placed in the back room at a very small table. The staff did not seem to want to accommodate our request. It got the night off to a bad start. This restaurant is expensive, when you go out to dinner you want it to be right.