See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed on a sunday night and lord was it the most disturbing sight I had ever seen. First my non smoking room had burn marks on the toilet. The wallpaper around the top of the shower where moldy. The hotel must had an event going on because there were half dressed people walking around on the floor and slamming doors at all hours of the night. I saw little kids running around and the smell of marijuana was just unbearable. The security that they had just stood in the lobby most of the night watching tv. To think that I was supposed to be relaxing and getting to catch up with my friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

From the evening you are describing,I believe the evening you stayed was Saturday. Actually, there was a fashion show going on and this, I believe, is what you were speaking of as to the dress.
As to the younger set, parents rented one of the ballrooms for their children's birthday and also rented a couple of rooms. Unfortunately, because the parent rented the rooms, we were not aware they allowed their children unattended in those rooms. The security guard actually called the police who came and removed all from the property.
As to the burn mark on the toilet, unfortunately, there are still so many people that choose to smoke so we offer smoking on one floor and one floor only and this is where you chose to stay. We change out carpeting, toilet seats, etc., but can not seem to keep up with what some smokers do in destroying property. I am sorry that your stay was not pleasant. The front desk nor I was made aware. If I was made aware, I would have gladly offered you another evening in a non-smoking room with new carpeting and new bed linens at no cost to you. If you want, you may call me, give me your name, the room # you were in and the date and I will be happy to extend the above offer. Just ask for Karen

Reviewed 27 February 2013

A coworker and I stayed at this hotel during the snowstorm of 2013, as we were unable to drive home. The staff were very accomodating, flexible, and kind, and went out of their way to ensure we were satisfied. Karen and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to offer us coffee/tea, flexible check-out time, use of shovels, etc, and even helped dig and push our cars out! They made the best out of a very difficult time. I recommend this hotel to all of my coworkers and anyone looking for a place to stay in the area!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Karen L, General Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for the kind words. With all that was going on both during the storm and Saturday when we all had to face what was outside, most every guest was a pleasure to have. I'm laughing thinking of myself out ther shoveling and looking at the mounds of snow that we thought would never go away. Everyone seemed like just one big happy family even with all the snow problems all around us.
Should work bring you back to Fairfield County, I hope you remember us. Again, thank you for being such a great guest

Reviewed 22 February 2013

During the Blizzard recently I traveled with a group of about 15 guys. We chose the Straford Inn due to the proximity to I-95. It was a good Choice. The personnel met us with a smile and did everything they could to make us comfortable. The lounge was a very nice amenity along with the breakfast that they kept open, a bit longer, cause we worked long hours and awoke a bit late.
So in short, we would definitely stay there again and as a matter of fact we have it as our Hotel of Choice when we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank snowplowman2000
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Actually, thank you! You and your group were an amazing bunch of men! You came to our hotel to stay because you were lined up with work for the Fema and yet you all immediately started plowing us out. Not only did you work several hours on Sunday evening, but early Monday morning came and asked me for the blue prints so you could find the other drain in the back lot. because the snow was beginning to melt.
Your entire group of men were such gentlemen and a pleasure to have at our hotel. Should work bring you back to our area, I hope you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

My mother and her aide stayed during the recent large 2013 snow storm. The staff were very attentive and friendly.The room was large and very cean. The heating was excellent. They were very happy with their stay and would definately come back

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank charles o
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

It was nice seeing you, your mom and her aide once again. Unfortunately, each time we have you as our guests, we are having such terrible weather conditions. Once again I'm glad we had no loss of electric as so many other hotels in our area did. I would like to say we hope to see you again soon, but that would mean more terrible weather and I think we had enough for one year :).

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Amazing staff is what makes it great. I was stuck in the town due to the Blizzard of 2013 and this place was very nice to stay at
Friendly staff, clean room, has a restaurant and very affordable. Pool is under repairs, but gym is open, kind of small. But overall, i was happy with the stay

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank rydesa00
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

You put a smile on my face....thank you! The entire staff worked hard to do our best to make sure our guests were as comfortable as can be during this extremely trying time. I must say, except for a few bad apples, the guests were a team themselves!! We were lucky once again as we were one of the few hotels that didn't loose power during Sandy and we didn't loose it this time either.
I am especially glad we had the lounge and restaurant open to take care of all of you.
Again, thank you, because we did work hard and it means so much to be appreciated. I will share your comments with my staff.