See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I was greeted with a very warm welcome, staff and guests were very polite and great to talk to. Bar/restaurant food was outstanding, clean, newer furniture and a friendly atmosphere. Rooms were great, asked for non smoking, no signs of ashes or burns, beds were decorated with colorful bed spreads, comfortable, soft, no indentations in mattress, room smelled very good, carpet was fresh and clean, lighting was perfect, tv was older but it worked fine. Major highway RT 95 was seconds away from hotel. I had a great experience here and WILL stay here gain.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank CharlesD881
Karen L, General Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Well thank you. It is always a pleasure to here kind words. As to my staff, they are always polite unless someone becomes extremely nasty and foul mouthed to them. As to our restaurant, we have an Italian chef actually from Italy doing the cooking!
I'm glad you liked the new linens we chose and please let us know when you come again that you were the one who wrote this review.
Have a great day....Karen

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The worst experience I've ever had at a hotel. The carpet hadn't been vacumed and had cigerette burns in it. The room was suppose to be a non smoking room but it smelled badley like smoke. The tv would randomly turn off and was from the 80's. On top of all these problems they double charged my debit card which didn't have enough money in my account to pay so I got back charged 30 dollars by my bank which the hotel said they would not cover. Overall the grossest hotel I have ever stayed in and I've stayed in over 100 hotels in my life this is by far the worst experience I've ever had.
Don't go there!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

I understand you booked through Expedia and they never gave us your reservation. Because of this, you chose to pay for your room directly to us. Several days later you saw that Expedia also charged you. Even though it was your responsibility to call Expedia, we called for you and once Expedia" fixed" the situation, we then reimbursed you from our end. We also informed you that your bank could take up to 10 days for this to be put back into your account, and I am sure by now, they have put the amount owed back into your account. I do understand you lost $30, but we explained that Expedia needed to take care of this matter as they admitted to they being at fault.
As to your room, I understand you were upset with the money situation, however, you were on the 6th floor with all new bed linens and new carpeting. The 4th floor is our smoking floor and even there, the carpeting is not new, but are all in fair shape.
I do apologize for the inconvenience that Expedia caused you and hope they make good on the money you lost because of their mistake.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed on a sunday night and lord was it the most disturbing sight I had ever seen. First my non smoking room had burn marks on the toilet. The wallpaper around the top of the shower where moldy. The hotel must had an event going on because there were half dressed people walking around on the floor and slamming doors at all hours of the night. I saw little kids running around and the smell of marijuana was just unbearable. The security that they had just stood in the lobby most of the night watching tv. To think that I was supposed to be relaxing and getting to catch up with my friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

From the evening you are describing,I believe the evening you stayed was Saturday. Actually, there was a fashion show going on and this, I believe, is what you were speaking of as to the dress.
As to the younger set, parents rented one of the ballrooms for their children's birthday and also rented a couple of rooms. Unfortunately, because the parent rented the rooms, we were not aware they allowed their children unattended in those rooms. The security guard actually called the police who came and removed all from the property.
As to the burn mark on the toilet, unfortunately, there are still so many people that choose to smoke so we offer smoking on one floor and one floor only and this is where you chose to stay. We change out carpeting, toilet seats, etc., but can not seem to keep up with what some smokers do in destroying property. I am sorry that your stay was not pleasant. The front desk nor I was made aware. If I was made aware, I would have gladly offered you another evening in a non-smoking room with new carpeting and new bed linens at no cost to you. If you want, you may call me, give me your name, the room # you were in and the date and I will be happy to extend the above offer. Just ask for Karen

Reviewed 27 February 2013

A coworker and I stayed at this hotel during the snowstorm of 2013, as we were unable to drive home. The staff were very accomodating, flexible, and kind, and went out of their way to ensure we were satisfied. Karen and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to offer us coffee/tea, flexible check-out time, use of shovels, etc, and even helped dig and push our cars out! They made the best out of a very difficult time. I recommend this hotel to all of my coworkers and anyone looking for a place to stay in the area!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Karen L, General Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for the kind words. With all that was going on both during the storm and Saturday when we all had to face what was outside, most every guest was a pleasure to have. I'm laughing thinking of myself out ther shoveling and looking at the mounds of snow that we thought would never go away. Everyone seemed like just one big happy family even with all the snow problems all around us.
Should work bring you back to Fairfield County, I hope you remember us. Again, thank you for being such a great guest

Karen

Reviewed 22 February 2013

During the Blizzard recently I traveled with a group of about 15 guys. We chose the Straford Inn due to the proximity to I-95. It was a good Choice. The personnel met us with a smile and did everything they could to make us comfortable. The lounge was a very nice amenity along with the breakfast that they kept open, a bit longer, cause we worked long hours and awoke a bit late.
So in short, we would definitely stay there again and as a matter of fact we have it as our Hotel of Choice when we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank snowplowman2000
Karen L, Manager at Stratford Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Actually, thank you! You and your group were an amazing bunch of men! You came to our hotel to stay because you were lined up with work for the Fema and yet you all immediately started plowing us out. Not only did you work several hours on Sunday evening, but early Monday morning came and asked me for the blue prints so you could find the other drain in the back lot. because the snow was beginning to melt.
Your entire group of men were such gentlemen and a pleasure to have at our hotel. Should work bring you back to our area, I hope you choose to stay with us.

Karen