“Staffed by a Team of Sourpusses”
Review of Asian Village

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Asian Village
Ranked #41 of 80 Restaurants in Trumbull
Reviewed 3 March 2015

I'm uncertain what the dynamic of actually WORKING at Asian Village must me like, because everyone seems completely unpleasant. Some downright are miserable. From the inaudible mumbling you get when they answer the phone to the dismissive way they shove your food over to you, you'd think the staff had a weapon held to their head. To top that off, they seem to get your order wrong, about 90% of the time. Did you order friend rice? You may or may not get it but you MIGHT get extra white rice. Did you happen to order the 'chefs special' with mixed meats and crispy noodles. Yeah well don't get too excited, as I guess you didn't really need the noodle part anyway. That sort of confusion is par for the course. The food is fair enough I guess, but you have to ask yourself if you really want to patronize a place this consistantly unpleasant.

Reviewed 27 February 2015

We stopped getting takeout here years ago- the food had 0 flavor. I don't recall why we ordered here a couple months ago but WOW! what an improvement! I can recommend the pork egg foo young, pork chow fun, wonton soup, beef & broccoli & egg rolls. Delicious, and I'm relieved to now have tasty Chinese again in Trumbull! (Wish they delivered).

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Don't order the Thai food on this menu - there are places close by that do better Thai - Also better places for Chinese - but if you are here - it is not terrible, just not the greatest.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I used to live right next to Asian Village and have since moved away. THe food is consistent and very good. It has been this way for over 5years. We have since moved across town and figured out what we are missing. I have never had dinner in he restaurant.

Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

We have eat-in here once but it doesn't feel very welcoming. The waitress appears to be unconvinced that she has to wait tables instead of just do take- out orders. I believe they recently advertised new management (since old management was accused of dumping oil in the river?) and are called Asian Village. The food seemed a bit better but it is just very average Chinese at best. If you want good Chinese, you have to drive to Westport. We have only done take out when we were desperate.

2  Thank cnpotluck