Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Reviewed 16 November 2020
DreamingofMickey
Ballston Spa, New York
A True Getaway for Fun

A place that is so clean as I’ve worked in a family owned Restaurant. I’ve never seen anyone work... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
k0nstantin0b

1,454 results
All reviews sky tower slot machines atlantic city non smoking las vegas wolf den johnny rockets great casino earth tower seasons buffet fun place casino floor valet parking gambling mohegan concert arena
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2020 via mobile

I am a “Soar” level player of their “Momentum” players club. It is the top level and not easy to attain. Unfortunately there is little or no reason to try to renew your player status. There are no concerts and thus no comp tickets. The VIP Check in area, “Aspire” only recently reopened and the hors d'oeuvres and champagne offered at check in are gone (supposedly because of COVID yet they give you drinks on the gaming floor). Apparently serving in the VIP lounge is a danger but on the gaming floor it is ok.

The higher end “Aspire” rooms on the upper floors are still closed yet the hotel has been sold out on more than one occasion.

The valet parking is still closed, supposedly due to COVID. Yet a recent trip to visit someone at Hartford Hospital revealed that their valet is open! The resort doesn’t do it but the hospital does. Go figure.

All of their VIP lounges are closed except one and that is only for Soar members. I managed to get a table once in five visits because the line was almost an hour long. I saved myself money waiting in line.

The lines at the casino cages are also far too long. HINT: Any Vegas casino manager will tell you that people waiting in lines aren’t losing money. Look at a line of 25 high level players and think about how much money they could be wagering instead just standing there. The same can be said of the long lines at the cages. There is no revenue to be had from people waiting in line.

Let’s face it, casinos are there to entertain you. They aren’t designed to give you money. The perks and the entertainment make it worthwhile. Yet even the gaming is different. You don’t get the same amount of play with your money. The sound of jackpots are few and far in between. I only play video poker, perhaps it is just those machines?

The perks are gone, the concerts are gone. The gaming isn’t fun. You may as well throw your money on the floor.

Date of experience: December 2020
3  Thank FSheckie
Reviewed 16 November 2020

Stayed in the Sky tower. The room was beautiful, modern amd clean. The shower was perfect and the bed was fabulous. Cleanliness is obviously a priority for this hotel.

There is a variety of restaurants for all tastes and cravings.

Two casinos to choose from with a sting of shops in between. Loved the ambiance of then entire site. Patrons taking pictures of the decor was a common sight.

We dined at MJ23, the Michael Jordan Sports Bar. The wings were perfect and the nachos were easily among the best I've ever had. Our waiter was very attentive and the manager even stopped by our table to check in. We will return for wings and nachos. Be aware....the nachos can feed 4. We only put a small dent in the tray of nachos

Fady was our dealer for Caribbean Stud and he was fantastic. Best dealer ever! Very personable. We also enjoyed the National Lampoons Christmas Vacation slot.

My only complaint is that they told me I couldn't stand behind my fiance on Saturday but it was allowed on Friday night. Their rules are not consistent. I should be allowed to stand with my guy especially since only 3 can play at a table and players are spaced out.

Also one other thing missing was upbeat music. There is one section at Foxwoods that plays dance/Pop fin music at all times. I was missing that at Mohegan sun.

We would stay in this hotel again. If you are bringing the kids, there is a bowling alley and an arcade.

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 25 October 2020

Guys this is the worst payout in the country, I have been to many casinos... they will not give you comps they won't give you much for loads of money you will lose there. I promise you dont go there you will not win ! The games are set at 82% tops !

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank N4765SLharrys
Reviewed 13 October 2020

The hotel room was clean and spacious. Room service was delivered on time and the quality of the food was great. The first delivery person was friendly, but the second one backed up against the wall and said she couldn't come in (which is understandable) and pointed at the bill to sign. It was a bit much. The food at Frank Pepe and Sol Toro was delicious.
There were lots of new machines, but I noticed a new trend. People who were playing the newest popular machines were holding their machines for up to ten minutes. If someone needs to use the bathroom, that is one thing, but people were leaving the chair tilted and went to go get meals and bring them back to the machine. Some made a big show of doing it while others were clearly waiting to play. I saw a couple playing on the same machines for over four hours. It is their right to play that long, but not to go get food and be gone so long and expect the machine to be out of use for others.

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 20 August 2020 via mobile

I'm a frequent visitor, and I've got to say some of the drink waitresses are straight bit..es. More than twice in the Sky casino, near the promo area, I've played for over a half hour with no one offering drinks unlike Foxwoods. So one finally comes, but is rapidly walking past. I said excuse me, and she blew me off. So I walked in front of her and asked, politely, if she had a beer. She threw her hand in the air and started babbling that she was serving other people and walked away. I wanted to cause a scene so bad, but had to walk away. Don't count on complementary drinks at Mohegan.

Date of experience: August 2020