“Really excited about this place .. second visit..”
Review of Ola Restaurant

Ola Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 182 Restaurants in Wallingford
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Description: Miami-Style (Latin with a twist) dining rooms, a wrap around bar, two seating areas, a private dining room, and outdoor patio seating. When you walk in the door, you will know you are in a special and unusual dining environment. The cuisine is called "Nuevo Latino" and is a splashy, exuberant culinary form of celebrating the heritage and the Latino Spirit.
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I rarely write multiple reviews for the same place but it has been so long since I found an eatery that just excels every visit . Just went again this part Thursday night. Had an incredible Oyster appetizer , the Octopus with balsamic vinegar and tomato and the pan seared cod which was just amazing. It is so hard to remember all the amazing ingredients but it laid over a yucca cake, had lobster sauce, pineapple and other stuff. Just crazy good eating. My daughter thinks about this restaurant every day since I first visit so I took her again. I also love the atmosphere and artwork. Just a great place!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

The food and drinks at Ola are delicious. But what really makes a place special, to me, is the staff. At Ola, everyone from the owner to the wait staff always makes you feel welcomed. My wife and I go regularly and we have a great time every single time! Ola is our favorite place to go! Thank you Melvin for always greeting us with warmth and hospitality!

Reviewed 21 February 2017

went for dinner on a weekend night. Arrived early before heavy crowding. Sat in the dining room to the left of the entrance. Kind of crowded with tables close together. Had the skirt steak which was cooked to order, small amount of rice on the side and that was it for the meal. Drinks were good. Service just ok, as the waiter failed to come back in a timely fashion to check on the meal and whether we liked it. Kids had dessert which was good. Atmosphere includes Spanish guitar player near the bar area. Generally nice place. But probably would not go again based on the price to portions ratio.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Being it was my Birthday --and my friend insisted she wanted to take me to dinner after work-- and she wanted to try out Ola Restaurant. I was there once before and did not enjoy - but I said ok as she was taking me out for my birthday . I liked the food and drink from previous visit --but the service was not good at all. This time though -- I would say it was much better. We both arrived at 5 and the waitress was quick to take our drink order and took our appetizer order when she brought the drinks (we had the Tropical Coconut lime ) drink-- not bad And empanadas for appetizer - it was alittle too crispy but the inside was tasty. We also tried the Paella for 2. Which was very good this time. Perhaps a different chef cooked the food this time . I'm allergic to scallops so they put it on the side for my friend to eat Everything was served in a timely manner and that made a big difference. And the food was good I was alittle hesitant of going there but I am glad it worked out well. So I guess I'll give another try in the future picture of paella to follow

Reviewed 12 January 2017

One of the best meals I have had recently. I took my daughter out for dinner after a difficult day at work and I have to say everything was perfect. They hit the mark in every way! First off service was excellent. Atmosphere was great! Love the bar set up and the music. There is an excellent drink menu our drinks came with real sugar cane. The food was amazing!!! Before the food comes you get fresh, hot bread with a dipping sauce/oil made from olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, garlic and I think rosemary which is out of this world! As an appetizer we had the octopus which was tender and flavorful and the best I have ever had by far. For dinner we split a Seafood Paella for two. It was enough to have 2 full meals plus we split the take homes into 2 more meals! Clams, mussels , grilled shrimp and more in a flavorful and moist rice. Best I have ever had and I eat a lot of seafood! The tastes of our dishes were just amazing! For dessert we had coffee and split a chocolate mousse cake which was also excellent. Really high marks for this place. There were so many other dishes on the menu that looked so good so definitely check out the menu before you go so you have more time to consider them. We went on a Wednesday night and it was pretty busy, so plan ahead if going on a weekend.