“Tata's”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

Food was very good and the menu had many choices. The plantains were prepared nicely and were tasty. Asked for bread which was really good but they did not have butter.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

We ordered takeout. They didn’t have some items on the menu and dinner service had just begun! The food was completely lackluster. We were so disappointed. When we went to pick up the food, the inside looked run down with empty food display cases. The dining room looked nice but it was a takeout order. It is certainly not worth ever going back again. One item we ordered wasn’t even in the bag!

1  Thank 60sMusicLover
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

Came here because of a Groupon special. It was very warm inside the restaurant. The decor is pleasant and the staff was very friendly and we were seated quickly.

I ordered the mufongo (mashed plantains) and chicken because they were out of the meal I wanted. The chicken was very tough and the sauce had enough raw garlic to keep away vampires for the rest of my life. I did like the mufongo. It was very different than what I was expecting.

I would try them again, just because the menu has different items not found in most restaurants.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Efrain, his wife Monica (owners) and his staff, especially Ryan were wonderful! The mofongo with garlic/shrimp sauce and chicken breast with garlic sauce were tremendous! The appetizer pastelon (sweet plantains/beef/beans) was amazing! We loved our experience so much that we booked a reservation for my fathers birthday party. My father and family were delighted with the food and service! It was their first time at Tata's and they all loved it and will be going back again!
Angel/Natividad

Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

I love the food so I'll probably be back. I'm all about food over service but service is slowww... When you finally get some service it's never anything to write home about and several times we've tried to order out and the phone just rings and rings. Half an hr later they call back... Sorry tata's my appetite waits for nobody. The one time we did order out, when I got there to pick it up I could barely find anyone in the restaurant to give me my food. Again, good food, service leaves something to desire and hopefully they figure that out soon because I'd love to see them succeed. The restaurant could be so much better and popular given the right management and marketing. Until then 3 stars is all I can honestly give Tata's.

1  Thank Captainfreebody