“good people,great food”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I love the empanadas made fresh.the family will always great you with a smile.try the dinners when you are hungry they will fill you up and not empty your wallet.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

This place has truly gone down hill & it's so upsetting. This used to be my go to place, but since the original owners got divorced and she hired a new chef, you can totally taste the difference. I ordered the usual, garlic shrimp mofongo (plantain ball) & it was tasteless. The shrimp had no flavor, and they were so chewy, kind of like when you chew an old gum. I had asked for extra garlic sauce on the side & it was pointless, it was just pure olive oil. I'm not the type to complain, so I just let it go & took note that I won't be returning. Such a disappointment, this used to be a place I had always recommended.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

It looks like a hole in the wall place, but the food is very good and the service was pleasant. The garlic chicken, in particular, is fantastic. Everything else was good. The portions are plentiful and the prices are reasonable. Don't be put off by the downmarket-looking exterior.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

EVERYTHING we've ever ordered here has been wonderful- only thing is that the running joke my hubby and I have, is that whatever he has ever ordered has been, "we're all out of that for today". He must have a knack for the popular... but- he's always been happy with his 2nd choice :-)

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I had mixed feelings when I walked into Tata's. The decor was a bit mishmash, the place needed sprucing up. The menu intrigued me, with it's Puerto Rican cuisine, but my feelings went from mixed to downright disappointed when I asked what beers they had, was told they had Budweiser, ordered one, and then was told they were out of Bud. Ok, so I went with something else, I don't remember what, ordered the stuffed Mofongo with shredded pork, and was blown away by how good it was. I completely forgot about not having Budweiser and got lost in the wonderful flavors I was experiencing.

If you want a quirky place, one that may not have the beer you want, or the coffee maker may not be working, but one that puts a great plate of food in front of you and has friendly, helpful staff, go to Tata's.

2  Thank NoHavenFoodie