All reviews front desk new haven standard courtyard facing the courtyard room was clean bistro restaurant easy access quinnipiac university the hotel is conveniently located wedding block would stay here again off the highway a nice place to stay first floor one night stay lobby starbucks
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I was in Wallingford over the weekend for activities at my alma mater, Choate, and needed a nearby place for a one-night stay. Having enjoyed a past stay for a reunion weekend, I booked a very reasonably priced room and was pleased yet again with the convenience, cleanliness and comfort of this property. Just of I-91, it's close to everything I needed. The front desk staff was extremely polite and helpful upon arrival and again at my 3:30am (gulp!) check out Monday morning to get back to work in NYC. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. For the price, I would definitely continue to recommend this property and will, I'm sure, be staying here again in the future.

Room tip: I asked for a room on the side of the building that doesn't face the highway and it was much quieter than my first visit.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

No bed bugs and shower was clean. Cob webs in corners of ceilings. Pool was green with hair floating, yeah on bottom for three days. Poor service at front desk at check-in. No complimentary breakfast. Wi-Fi deathly slow unless you pay for decent stuff.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard New Haven Wallingford and providing your honest feedback in regards to your recent stay.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the elevator and service issues from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Wallingford.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 12 noon and our room was ready - front desk staff made check in easy. 2 night stay and all was wonderful. King suite with balcony facing the courtyard. Bed was so comfortable. Fridge, microwave and plenty of space. Plenty of TV channels for flipping. Starbucks in the lobby, but it was closed each time we passed by. Wanted coffee as we were heading out on Saturday, we were offered a free cup of coffee as the Starbucks was closed.

Spent time in the small gym - didn’t use the pool - hotel shuttle is available for short trips.

Plenty of places to eat in a short drive distance.

Will definitely return...daughter is in school in the area, we’ll be back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We came in to see Billy Currington at the Oakdale Theatre. We were able to check in a little early, which was nice. We were asked at the desk what floor we preferred, we did not have a preference. We were on the second floor in a room that overlooked the courtyard. Room was very clean. Everyone we encountered here was very nice and helpful. The cab to the Oakdale Theatre was a little expensive ($20 plus tip each way for 2) but as we were not familiar with the area, it was very reliable and worth it. I would stay here again.

Room tip: Second floor overlooking the courtyard - nice balcony with table & chairs, very quiet.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank coachkathy10
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Well let me start by saying my wife and I were on a getaway night to see Billy Currington in concert who was awesome . Unfortunately the hotel was sub par first off they checked us into a room that was having a scheduled maintenance check so we had to wait . Then we finally are in our room and house cleaning bursts in no knock or anything and I was about to take a shower !!!. My wife and i were without kids for the first time in months and we had more distractions here than at home . Awful

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dakota6281123
Charles W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Haven Wallingford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Dakota6281123,

Thank you for taking the time share your experience with the Courtyard New Haven Wallingford.

I noticed that you indicate your experience was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance or if you have additional feedback you would be willing to share, please don’t hesitate to contact me.