“the best Japanese food, quality is perfect, recommended for people who appreciate top quality Japanese sushi and sashimi”
Review of Norimaki

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Norimaki
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 June 2015

We like the people, Mr Sekikawa is a real Japanese sushi master, and we feel welcome. We liked everything.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

For the best Japanese food east of Tokyo and New York, come to Washington CT. The menu includes high-end sashimi specialties flown in from Japan. Not your average Japanese restaurant, and no surprise, prices to match!

1  Thank upintheairglobally
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We live in Fairfield County CT not known for being inexpensive. We eat in New York City which again is not known for being inexpensive. But the prices at Norimaki blew us away.

If the sushi blew us away I may not complain but I wasn't blown away at all. The salmon sushi was excellent but the salmon sashimi was just ok and the yellowtail sushi ad sashimi was so so. I actually had a bit of a fishy taste left in my mouth and at $5.75 per piece, I don't expect that!

The salad was good but again on the expensive side and it wasn't anything but spring mix and ginger dressing with a bit of shredded daikon radish. For the same price at Pink Sumo in Westport we get lotus root, avocado and mango in the salad.

The organic edamame for $7 tasted as good as the edamame I buy at Costco.

The service was friendly but they totally forgot the roll we ordered. It's a small restaurant and when we arrived there was only one other table. So it wasn't busy.

With only one sushi chef I wouldn't want to be there when all the tables are taken. We will not be returning.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Norimaki is amazing, and serves first rate, New York quality Japanese cuisine. The food is clean, fresh and delicious. I recommend the spicy tuna, shrimp tempura, udon soup and daily sushi specials.

1  Thank Cate F
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The sushi is good, but much too expensive for what it is. Possibly the location adds to the cost of delivery. Room ok, but service slow and stuffy