“Love the sushi”

Norimaki
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 September 2017

This is some of the best sushi I have ever had. I love sushi so I have very high standards for it. I highly recommend going to this resturaunt!

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

The best sushi in Litchfield County. Charming professional husband and wife team make you feel as if your at their home dining. Patience necessary-all dishes meticulously prepared and wonderfully presented.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

The best sushi ever! I went to a lots of great sushi restaurant but this place will blow your mind! The sushi is unbelievable and service is Great! What can you ask more you got to try it! Thank you norimaki!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

The fish here is of excellent quality. When you walk in you don't know where you are. there seems to be only 5 tables, so there is a nice open feel but actually feels weird. The second we sit down this lady who is not our waitress, tells us we must order our sushi right away, something about a large party? that never materialized while we were there and there were not any tables set up for this large party. We order our sushi, I can't remember what fish it was but the waitress comes back and says the chef recommends you get this other fish instead. Even the regular fish is expensive in this place $6 a piece, We didn't know it but the substitute fish he recommended was $9 and not a word about that from the waitress. OK my bad for not asking but still a mention particularly because we ordered 6 pieces when in hindsight your staring at 6 small pieces of sushi and realizing its $54 dollars, its enough to drive you crazy. Another thing thats weird is they give you paper napkins and disposable wood chopsticks, the chopsticks I can give a pass on because of hygiene. When I spend a lot of money ($350+) in an expensive place I think cloth napkins are the way. The quality is great here but buyer beware thus is not a cheap place to go and adds up quick.

1  Thank jamieSantaBarbara
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Hmmm. Food is good. Fish is fresh but very small portions. Presentation is average. ambiance is somber, serious, gray. Nobody smiles. My pricing benchmarks are uni and yellowtail sushi. here it is $9.50 and $5.75 per piece respectively. I've eaten sushi for 35 years, all around the world, including Tokyo...these are the highest prices I've ever seen. A modest dinner (two small maki, 10 pieces of sushi, 1 miso cup and 1 small spinach app) without any drinks was over $105. The sushi chef apparently fancies himself a sushi artist, but he's certainly no Jiro, who would have never charged such outrageous amounts. Also, they will not deter from their menu in any way: asked to make modifications and for each request the answer was no. Honestly don't know how they can stay in business with this business model.