“For decades now, Always Good, never a problem”

Lucky Inn Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 49 Restaurants in Waterford
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 8 October 2015

There are reviews for this restaurant that don't seem to jive with what has been long known as a favorite for many many years. Since Friendly's left this location this business has remained busy and to this day consistently provides great chinese food. I'm sure there might be a misfire from time to time, but we have never had a problem with anything at The Lucky Inn. The service is quick and friendly, the Polynesian style Cantonese American Chinese is what we love, and the combo plates are still a nice deal. This restaurant is always busy, that is why it is still open after decades ! The fried rice is unusually brown, it always has been here, and it's very good.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

Great boneless ribs and sub gum egg foo young! Not wild about the brownish fried rice though.
Great exotic drink menu too! Will return.

Reviewed 6 January 2015 via mobile

We frequent the Lucky Inn a couple times a month. This is the BEST chinese food in our immediate area. Wonderful scallion pancakes, lo mein and general tso's shrimp. The waitress is friendly and knows our order upon arrival. Love the tea and crispy noodles. Worth the drive over the Niantic River Bridge, since we all know the chinese food in Niantic leaves much to be desired. It can get pretty busy and seems to be a two man operation, but be patient.... you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I, after living in New London County all of my life, mostly and currently in Waterford, heard about this "place next to Benny's", as being the best Chinese takeout around. Tonite I finally gave them a try. I ordered 2 crab Rangoon, 1 chicken wing, and 1 chicken finger as a appetizer dinner. I was told " 10 minutes". Arriving there in 15 minutes to find a 4 person pickup wait, the hostess told everyone waiting, "5 more minutes". 12 minutes later, 32 minutes overall, I received my order, the total being $36.50, frankly close to the most I've ever paid for a family of 4 for a Chinese dinner. Paid it, went my 6 minutes home to Waterford, to find the start of what I'm writing. The crab Rangoon were still partially frozen, the wings were bright red in the middle, but the fingers were " OK". Unacceptable in my book. For the first time ever I actually left to return Chinese food, as they do not deliver. I walked in, calmly asked and explained my return, I received nothing but an attitude. The did return my order, but actually pro-rated my refund, as there were 2 Rangoon's out of 16 missing, along with her assumption the chicken finger basket was "not full". I received $31.50, after a deduction from " what was gone" !!!! This transaction was based on the the terms of a car battery!!!! PRO-RATED?

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I have been eating two maybe three times a month at the Lucky Inn since 1993 before we were married. We have never had any trouble any meal, drinks, staff service or other patrons. The food is always hot and delicious. The drinks are always up to par. The staff is always up beat and friendly. Always remember our drink order and while doing numerous other things, get everything right.