Rivertrees Country Inn
Makaseni lodge(Usa River)
US$21
Nuru Guest House(Usa River)
US$25
  • Breakfast included
US$576
  • Pool
US$159
All reviewskilimanjaro airportsmall riverpizza ovenfarm houseone nightrose petalsoutdoor showeropen kitchenlong flightthomson safarisvervet monkeysgreat introductionjet lagarusha national parkfirst nightmosquito nettingpeaceful setting
Reviewed 14 April 2018

First two nights in Tanzania were spent at Rivertrees. The rooms in the cottages were beautiful and spacious. The bathroom was incredible with a one of kind design. The grounds were very well laid out, maintained and peaceful. The staff was very welcoming, and the ambience and service was excellent. Wonderful breakfast buffet and pizza. Thoroughly recommend as a stop over before hitting the safari reserves. We also took the coffee tour coordinated through Rivertrees that was great. Would definitely recommend it to visitors with a few hours to spare.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wildlife group arrived at this inn about 9pm after a long flight from the UK. We returned to this inn at the end of our safari for one evening before our flight home next day. The staff were very helpful and friendly and appeared to want to see you had a pleasant stay. We were given warm face towels and a soft drink then booked in. Our luggage was delivered to our rooms whilst we had an evening meal. The meal menu was huge and the food was excellent. Drinks were ordered and quickly delivered to the table. After the meal we all retired to our rooms guided on the way by a member of staff who showed us around the room. The room I used had two beds so my friend joined me in the room. The bed were comfortable and covered by mosquito nets. The bathroom, toilet and shower were spacious and all were clean. Ventilation was through slatted windows. I think my room was part of the Farm House. Breakfast was a buffet with a wide range of foods. Order omelettes etc as you pass the chef and they will be delivered to your table. Order drinks and they too will be quickly delivered to the table. You can order drinks to be taken outside whilst you sit around a log fire. The grounds are open forest with tall trees , short grass and numerous paths. Monkeys and a few birds were seen in the grounds. Take a torch as the winding paths to the bedrooms are not too well signposted. Payment is preferred in dollars. Sterling is not accepted and card payment I found to be difficult with extra charges. Tipping is exorbitant so it is best to pay into the reception box so all members af staff, some of which you seldom see, are rewarded. On holiday I do not use WiFi but it is available.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank GSimps0n
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

On the banks of the USA River
Perfect bush garden with small bridged springs
Very quite and well separated bungalows
Nice roofs with all day hot water and generator electricity supply
Excellent dining room with good breakfast and dinners
On the main road but well separated and quite

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Last visited here in 2012 and there have been quite a few changes...more rooms, much better WiFi, upgraded bathrooms. Stayed again for two nights prior to safari and found it a great place to relax after 30+ hours in planes and airports. Room was clean, bed comfortable (although we got a double rather than the twins we requested), staff helpful and grounds nice with monkeys, birds, and lush vegetation. Front desk was very helpful with our missing luggage which arrived just before our departure. Breakfast buffet had lots of options, and at lunch and dinner we were offered several different selections, either a la carte or fixed menu. Front desk offered several day trips for our free day but we opted to nap and relax.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phebesca
Reviewed 31 March 2018

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the beginning of our late January safari to see the wildebeest migration. Since we arrived after 9pm from our long haul flight, I'm glad we stayed a second night at Rivertrees to allow ourselves to relax into Africa. We had time on the second full day to take a bike ride (my husband), enjoy a walk (me) with a Maasai around the local villages and agricultural area, and just enjoy hanging out with the monkeys at Rivertrees while exploring the large grounds. The food was delicious, served in an open air pavilion. Our plantation style room and furnishings were beautiful. We would definitely return to Rivertrees next time.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple