“Very Good Thai food”

Sweet Chili
Ranked #32 of 190 Restaurants in West Hartford
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I have been to Sweet Chili’s many times over the past five years and have never been disappointed. I enjoy their wonton soup which is always served very hot and very tasty. Once I find a dish I stay with it. The entree that I find particularly delicious is their Sweet and Sour with chicken. I have had their Sassy Mango and Cashew Nut entrees with chicken which are also excellent meals.

Last week I ordered take out for my family. I picked up the food, drove ten minutes to my home in 10 degree weather and was pleasantly surprised that the soup was still very hot. Their service is very polite and the dining area is tastefully decorated. I have not experienced every Thai restaurant in greater Hartford, but Sweet Chilli gets my vote for a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

A neighbor told us about this restaurant and sung their praises.

Empty restaurant on a Saturday night on a holiday weekend at 6:00 PM. Pleasant atmosphere with many tables and booths. Initially disappointed that the tea we ordered came without any tea in the teapot. Obviously they dunked a teabag in the pot and removed it quickly. After complaining the waiter returned with a second pot that was equally very light tea. We are used to being served Jasmine tea with loose tea.

The "Gold Bags" appetizer was excellent as was the wonton soup. The most disappointing was the shrimp Pad Thai. While my lady liked the dish, I found the taste to be awful.

When we received the bill we discovered that we were charged $4.00 for two cups of weak tea. The soup was $4.95. The Pad Thai entree was on the high side as well. Now while this is West Hartford it is also Park Avenue, not the Center it Nlie Back Square!

We will not be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank Rohrshack
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Food was authentic and delicious. Massaman curry was as expected. Duck was nice and crispy. Bok choy with mushroom and tofu was surprisingly good. The only complaint I have is - the pad see ew was overly peppered - after getting rid of the top layer of noodles that had so much black pepper, it was good.

Give it a try!

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I have moved out of CT and when i return I will usually return to my GO TO spots
Appears that there has been a change in owners......
The dishes have changed
The amounts of food have changed
And the service has changed
and not for the better
Hopefully they restore what this place was

Reviewed 20 February 2017

There are several good Thai restaurants in the Greater Hartford area. Sweet chili is one of the best. I have been there several times, and have never been disappointed. When I ate there last night, I thought the food was excellent, as usual. The place also has comfortable seating, a nice décor, and good service.